Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: "No photo selected" after changing ranking when filtered

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic-Version: 11.0 [ 202110120910-0bccc70d ]
OS Version Number: Windows 10 21H1 (Build 19043.1288)

In Library Mode, my daily workflow is:

Import photos,
set to Grid view (G)
select all photos and set a ranking of three stars to all images.
I set a filter -> attribute Rating = 3 Stars (This still shows all Photos)

Then I select the first phot with the mouse: Now the frame of this image is highlighted

Using the Num-Pad I set the rating of the first photo to 0 or 4 Stars so it will disapear due to the filter settings.
In former LRc Versions, now the next image is highlighted and is ready to receive the ranking.

Now, in Version 11, I am able to set the ranking to a few images - normaly less then 5 - and the process stuck:
no image ist highlighted and no image receive a ranking until I manualy click on a photo. Then I can go on until again no photo is selected.

If I set to Loupe View (E) and select the first image in the Film Strip I find the same behavior.
The only differnce is, that in the Main window, LRc show "No photo selcted" although there are still unfiltered photos in the Film Strip.

https://assets.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:EU:bab6bef9-998c-4e3c-ae28-0e6cf038bfbe?view=difile

This slow down the culling process extremely - please help!

Yours
Andreas

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Rikk, i bugged this some weeks ago... 4207526

Votes

Translate

Translate
25 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In developer mode: when selecting images, I am always kicked out after 5-10x "X" (reject photo), it says "no image selected".
My settings: Show only unmarked photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain this by providing more details? I don't know what you mean. Also, if possible, show us screen captures of the problem (include screen captures in your reply by clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon and not by file attachments)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here: Every Image has a rating of three stars. I filter on that rating (three stars) and then I change the rating of the photos to 0 or 4 stars so the selected image disapear because of the filter an the focus switch to the next image (with 3 stars rating).

After the rating of a few images this process stoped and I get "no image selected"

I have to klick on the next image in the raster view and can go on until the next "no image selected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to say: this is my workflow for years and the "no image selected" Error comes with the last update

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to say: this is my workflow for years and the "no image selected" Error comes with the last update

By @Geblitzdings - Andreas

So what update are you referring to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have windows or mac. my colleague doesn't have the problem with the mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the menu click on library, check each filter option, perhaps one did not get reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry: Version 11 Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't reset the filter options because the photos should be filtered. But if I change the parameters of the current photo so that it is hidden, LR will not find the next photo to display - although many more photos meet the filter criteria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you going into developer mode to do this? It will only slow things down as it will have to load the next raw image fully every time you go to the next image. Probably better idea to do this in Library in loupe view

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wildpark Lueneb has this issue in developer mode - my problem appears in library mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created extra presets, the settings must be correct. I've tried it out manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been editing my photo reports in two stages for years. First pass: photo selection and trimming. Second pass: color editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Photo>Auto Advance checked or unchecked?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk, i bugged this some weeks ago... 4207526

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Earth Oliver  I will get it attached here as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding Bug Number

Setting Status

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom loses the current position and select the first or last picture of the catalog when I mark a picture as discarded and I am filtering to show only non discarded pictures.

1. Lightroom Classic release 11 
  2.  Windows 10 21H1
  3.  Filter by attributes allowing only non discarded pictures, then mark as discarded a few pictures in a short time.
  4. It should work as it does when only one picture needs to be discarded, so to select the next available picture instead of selecting the first or last picture of the catalog

It's a problem because it severely slows down my workflow. If I did the same thing by marking a picture with a color this doesn't happen, so there is a workaround now, but that's not how it's supposed to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue here. Windows 10, LR 11, didn't appear until update to LR 11.

I'm in Library mode, attempting to cull. After 5-6 rejects (hitting X), the screen will go gray and say "photo not selected". Unless I can find my spot in the filmstrip, hitting an arrow key will take me to the first or last photo in the folder. It acts like I'm going too fast and it's losing my spot? But I'm not culling any quicker than I have the last 5-6 years. The only filter I have on is "flagged and unflagged photos". Super frustrating when trying to cull several thousand images for a wedding!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying to myself with a possible solution: I wanted to get rid of the "embedded preview" box at the lower right. Based on a tip I saw elsewhere, I changed one small thing on the first photo, synced the entire folder to turn everything from "embedded previews" into regular previews (probably not the correct terminology). Now I'm back to slower loading of  images, since they're not the embedded previews, but the "no photo selected" issue seems to have gone away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I wanted to get rid of the "embedded preview" box at the lower right."

Another way of doing that: Select the photos with embedded previews and do the menu command Library > Previews > Build Standard-Sized Previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work for me, it's probably because for you the time to load the picture is enough for something else in the catalog to keep up. In my case I was already using 1:1 previews

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now I have the same issue also when I assign a color label and then filter by color label

Votes

Translate

Translate