• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: "None" doesn't appear in Library Filter bar Keyword column until restart

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When there's a batch of recently imported photos that I start adding keywords to, the "None" option doesn't appear in the Library Filter bar's Metadata browser Keyword column until you restart the app. This bug has gone on for some time, and it's a pretty big annoyance as someone who uses Keywords a lot.

[See this screen recording for steps to reproduce the bug in LR 10.1.1 / Mac OS 10.15.7:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4l1yiqirv85zss/metadata-keywords-column-none.2021.01.22.mov?dl=0 -JRE]

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Updates to Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
14 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post a screenshot that shows what you're referring to?  I don't see "Keywords" anywhere inside the Library > Metadata panel, much less "None", nor do I see "None" inside the Library > Keywording panel:

Untitled-d7dbdcfb-8439-4d1b-ab01-10e8067fcf09-515118528.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, forgot to say this is in the Filter pane of the Library module. "None" is only showing up in this screen shot because I imported, added keywords, then quit LR and restarted LR to force "None" to appear.
filterserror-f5f04c15-c6b6-428d-8b6f-bf419c91d928-1066127272.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I was able to reproduce this in my LR 10.1.1 / Mac OS 10.15.7.  See this screen recording:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4l1yiqirv85zss/metadata-keywords-column-none.2021.01.22.mov?dl=0 

I've noticed in other circumstances that the Metadata browser's Keywords column didn't seem to always update until after a restart, but I wasn't able to identify what exactly was going on or how to reproduce.  It's good to have a reproducible case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does exiting the Library Filter and then waiting a few seconds before reinvoking the Library filter cause the None to populate?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not for me.  Just now, I tried turning off the Library Filter, waiting for 30 seconds, turning it on, switching to All Photographs and particular folders and collections, choosing a different column (Date and File Type), adding the Keyword column from the drop-down menu rather than relying on my custom filter preset.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric, I edited the terminology in your post slightly to clarify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can duplicate this issue.   To expand on the issue, NONE does not update after an Import.  If you had 10 photos without keywords and import 4 new photos and then select All Photographs it will still say 10 by NONE.  If you change one keyword then it will update and not require a restart but this shouldn't be necessary.  

BTW, if you create a Smart Collection that tests for NO keywords it updates correctly after the import

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've logged a bug for this with the team. Thanks for the reports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks..............

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates to Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is fixed in my LR 10.2 / Mac OS 10.15.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - This issue reappeared for me today after upgrading Lighhtrrom Classic to 12.2.1, i.e. the Library Metadata Keyword filter no longer shows "None" as a keyword option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a full-resolution screenshot of the entire LR window showing what you're seeing, along with the first seven lines from the menu command Help > System Info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for following up. This is not an issue any more. I was not seeing "none" as filter option because there were no photos without a keyword.

Votes

Translate

Translate