• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: "Print to file" in Print Module fails to export

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running OSX El Capitan and 50% of the time Print to File fails to export the file. Have to try a second attempt which is always successfull.
I don't get any error message (also export progress bar is ok), it just does not save the file in the chosen location.

I can also predict when it fails and when not, the "Save as" window in the Finder is slightly different.

Am I the only one with this issue?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016
This should now be fixed as of the CC2015.6/6.6 update released today. You can find more details here: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2016/06/lightroom-cc-2015-6-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
44 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one is still pending. Hopefully the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, we wait patiently. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 01, 2016 May 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem here. 2013 macbook pro 15

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 01, 2016 May 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope this issue gets fixed. This is very frustrating issue as a wedding photographer who uses the print to file function to layout 30 blog posts a year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can add myself to the frustration queue as well 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 22, 2016 May 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. El Capitain, MB Air.
Exactly 50% fail rate. Very annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this very annoying issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should now be fixed as of the CC2015.6/6.6 update released today. You can find more details here: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2016/06/lightroom-cc-2015-6-now-available.html
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to trying it, thanks for listening!
M

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2016 Jun 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working OK for me now, so looks like it has been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2016 Jun 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup - looks to be fixed! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still running Lightroom 5. Any chance the issue will be fixed in this version as well? I experience the same 50% failure rate...basically I have to "Print to File" twice for every image. *Frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 5.7.1 is the last version of Lightroom 5.x. There will not likely be any further updates to that version.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Lightroom "print to file" bug and it is making my job impossible!  Bug started with update to El Capitan 10.11.6 and Lightroom 5.7.  I then upgraded to Lightroom 6 thinking that that would resolve it- it did not.  Now im working to upgrade to Lightroom CC, with the hope that the latest version of Lightroom with El Capitan will solve my problem, since i am not able to change to Sierra (I work at a large hospital where Sierra is not deployed.)

On a personal note: the level of support im receiving for this issue from Adobe is incomprehensible and inexcusable.  I had a product working quite well, and upon switching to a new computer with more recent ios - Lightroom 5.7 no longer works properly.  I understand that Adobe has stopped patching older versions of software, however, not fixing this issue in Lightroom 6 AFTER IT WAS REPORTED IN LIGHTROOM 5, is just evil.  Its unfair and absurd of Adobe to force people into purchasing CC in order to have things working correctly on new Apple ios.  I am so angry that no one at Adobe will even acknowledge that this is a LONGSTANDING BUG THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIXED 2 YEARS AGO.  The fact that im scrambling to deal with this and unable to get any work done as a result of Adobe's total disregard for their customers needs is so infuriating! Adobe should be ashamed of how they handle patches, bugs in software, and customer's concerns in general.  I need this print to file feature to function in order to do my job, and a little bit of help from Adobe would be nice at this point, seeing as how my division has now spent several hundred dollars attempting to get a version of Lightroom that works.  Any other normal company would simply fix their product-  or give me a version that works properly for FREE.

PLEASE ADOBE ADMIT THIS BUG SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIXED IN LIGHTROOM 6.  I WANT A PATCH, NOT A SUBSCRIPTION TO A MORE EXPENSIVE SUBSCRIPTION SOFTWARE THAT I DONT NEED.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Now im working to upgrade to Lightroom CC

Upgrading to Lightroom CC won't help, if you're already on Lightroom 6.7, as all of the bug fixes pushed to CC are also in Lightroom 6.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if i need to uninstall 5 to see if 6 still has the bug? Because i have not uninstalled 5. Was waiting to see if bug was resolved in 6 before uninstalling 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you shouldn't need to. Are you updated to Lightroom 6.7, and still seeing it? Check Help menu > System Info to confirm you're up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Victoria-
You nailed it. It was at 6.0, not 6.7. this problem is fixed! Why adobe told me it was fixed in 6 I do not know, but it seems to be fixed in 6.7.
Thanks!  You are truly the Lightroom Queen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm having the same problem with Lightroom 5,7 on 27Imac. I first had this problem when I upgraded to El capitan. I now have upgraded to Sierra but the problem persist. It's just absurd to have to buy a new versin when this feature has been working since the first release of Lightroom. It killes my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate