• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: "Synchronize Settings" very slow, using 10% CPU

Engaged ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 300-image (NEF) folder where I highlighted all images, turned on Auto Sync, then adjusted the sharpness, noise and applied lens corrections. LR Classic has taken about 15 minutes to process 50% of them. When inspecting the CPU, it's only being 10% utilized (out of 1600%)... basically the system is idle. -- 8700K@5GHz with 64GB 3GHz DDR4 ram.

[ ◉"]
Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
40 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 9.0 was released earlier today and contained a fix for this issue. Please give it a try and confirm it is working for you after updating. Thanks for your patience.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated, I think its actually slower. 

Edit:

So the problem isnt resolved at all but I have a new one for you all, cancelled the sync (which actually prevents me from doing anything more in lightroom.. so close the software). Lightroom has been closed for 10 minutes. The sync options window pops up for me out of nowhere. Fantastic. This is no longer professional software. I'm sure its fine with the latest Macbook "Pro" at the Starbucks crowd but I'm done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed that it's stupid fast now. As fast as any other adjustment auto-sync. Thanks!
[ ◉"]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you also move the photo info overlay to not be an overlay, rather, in a strip above the image that can be turned on or off -- no cycle. I want to see both views combined in a strip. (add MP next to file res). I'd buy you a flight at Schilling... RackMultipart201911057387614k2-94fc2702-1912-4698-9817-d9b02561fa07-2104383583.jpg.
[ ◉"]

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things seem to have improved, for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly the new update has now broken a key feature of the LRTimelapse plugin/integration, which is bad news for timelapse photographers across the world. I'm sure Gunther the dev behind LRTimelapse will start (or already has started) a new thread regarding that. Thank you though, for the update and for fixing the issue (haven't tested myself FYI). Matt (just got back from MAX, what a trip!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just retested the recipe I posted above in LR 9.0, and now Sync and Auto Sync of Enable Profile Corrections to 400 photos both go fast, about 2 seconds. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually trying here... a folder of only 6 selects (outputted from Capture One).. wanted to do some crop options, B&W options.. whatever... Crop tool is completely non responsive.. I wish I was like everyone else and have my problem solved with an update, but it never is. The worst thing is, this computer is purely a work machine.. this is all i do on it.. i built it for this purpose.. 
It could definitely be something wrong with my system, however... Capture One works 100% and is super responsive...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not related to the solved thread where originally posted. Forking to new thread

Please reference the new conversation here: Lightroom Classic Crop Tool Non-responsive
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to chime in to say that sync settings is still broken for me.  I'm on 9.0 on a 8700k, 64GB and GTX 2060 PC.  On import I have adjustments that apply to exposure, color, detail and lens correction.  I will make adjustments to an image then select a handful of them and ctl, shift, S sync them with just exposure and white balance syncing it takes about 2s per image during which I cannot do anything else.  Editing an event with thousands of images has become painfully slow, this is a huge bug and has not been solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your issue may be different from the one that was marked "solved" in this thread. The original issue involved syncing lens corrections, while you're syncing just exposure and white balance.

I recommend you post a new topic. To make it more likely that Adobe will be able to reproduce the problem:

- Include the first ten lines from Help > System Info.

- Include a screenshot of the Synchronize Settings window.  

- Provide the exact camera model of the photos triggering the issue.

- Upload the preset that's being applied on import to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same. i used to sync setting in seconds, and now im sitting here with a 1600 image timelapse for over an hour. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not working here. syncing settings (NOT AUTO SYNC) takes too long. on my imac from 2014 with an old version of lightroom my syncs happen instantaneously. what did you guys do to LR?!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found a solution to this problem? I noticed that the sync speed drops only if you sync the white balance. Someone said that this is due to a cloud update, but there is no network load in the Manager. I didn't find any settings where to disable syncing with the cloud to check it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For everyone is trying to deal with this. Deactivate Masking option in your sync setting and should be much faster... 

Votes

Translate

Translate