• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: "Waiting for Connection" after Sleep

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to Lightroom Classic 8.3 (on macOS 10.12.6) I have the following problem: syncing with Lightroom mobile works fine after a fresh launch of Lightroom. But when Lightroom is running and the Mac goes to sleep, after waking up the system, Lightroom doesn't want to sync anymore, it says "Waiting for connection" and doesn't reconnect. But the Mac is online and everything else Internet related works as usual. I have changed nothing on my system besides updating Lightroom and Photoshop. I have found no other way to fix this than to quit Lightroom and launch it again but this is annoying.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
13 Comments
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not saying this will work, but running Onyx won’t hurt: Might be a corrupt cache or application state, or directory damage. Run the free Onyx (https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/o...), reboot. (In Onyx just run almost everything in the Maintenance tab, deselecting things you may not want deleted, like Launch Services . Hit the "Options" button and deselect more stuff like Cookies & Other Site Data, Browser History, Form Values, etc.), then hit Run Tasks. After it's done it will ask for a reboot.

Let us know if that helped (it’s the 1st thing I’d try).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this, at least partially. It's not clear what all these options do, so I didn't do everything. And it didn't help. Meanwhile I have also deleted the preferences file and installed the newest update - no success. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem.  Running MacOS Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are currently tracking Lightroom Not Responding in the LR Performance Database. 

If you face the Lightroom not responding/hang in any of your workflow then please generate the performance db and share it with us.

Steps to create LR performance db.

1. Download the config.lua file from here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/dd9xwrzxr6cejkb/config.lua?dl=0 

2. Place the config.lua file at ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/

3. Launch Lightroom Classic and perform the workflow where you are facing "Lr hang" issue.

4. Close Lightroom Classic once your workflow is complete.

5. On Mac, Performance DB will get created in /var/tmp/lrperformance.

6. On Windows, lrperformance.db will get created in C:\users\AppData\Local\Temp\lrperformance (or \lrperformance)

7. Share lr performance db with us.

Put AgPerformance.enablePerformanceMeasurement = false or remove line containing AgPerformance.enablePerformanceMeasurement from config.lua. This will disable frequent logging to Database. You can delete lrperformance.db (while Lightroom is not running) from Temporary folder locations, mentioned in 5-6.

Once you have the file ready, post back to this thread and we will email you for the file.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the file ready. I had to run Lightroom for quite some time until the "Waiting for Connection" problem happened again. It usually happens after the Mac has meanwhile been sleeping once or twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send to:
RackMultipart20190612122630rfc-2cf0a4c0-6c2b-4e7f-ac98-d6d3bb11215a-373384109.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent it. It is quite big (over 1 GB), so maybe it doesn't go through. Please notify me if you didn't receive it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to zip the file and then send it via a file sharing app like Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team has confirmed that a bug was already in progress for this issue. We've added your information to the report and are working on a fix.  Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. Looking forward to a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem.
I'm starting to hesitate with updates because almost every update bring some bug... if not Lr then Ph then again Lr etc..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 8.4 was released today and contained a fix for this issue. Please update to 8.4 and verify that you are no longer seeing the issue. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2019 Sep 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes it works now as expected, thanks

Votes

Translate