• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Re-Publish not triggered by Edit-In-Original (5.4)

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see this documented anywhere, and to me it's a bug.

If I have a TIFF (or JPG I guess) in Lightroom, and do an EDIT IN photoshop, using original, the image will be updated, but that image will not be marked for republish in any publishing collections in which it exists.

Lightroom should check to see if the image has changed and mark it so. I realize there are some timing and synchronization issues, but the current process (which leaves it always unmarked) means published collections are falling out of date.

Note it "notices" that a new preview is needed, so it should be able to also notice that "hey, and if I need a new preview and it's published, must need to republish also".

I've tried this with a couple of plugins, so I assume it is systemic and not plugin specific, but have not looked at the mechanics in the SDK. Am I correct this should be handled generally, not in the plugin?

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Enthusiast ,
Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can duplicate what you are seeing here. I have reported it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump.

Wrote a publish service and got a report from a client that photos they were editing in photoshop weren't re-publishing.

Ran through the same steps (publish photo, "edit original" in photoshop cc 2014, save edits in photoshop, image is updated in lightroom but the publish section does not recognize that it needs to be re-published) and was able to reproduce.

ETA on fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
+1. Is this something you guys are looking into? Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate