• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Remove Chromatic Aberration bug

LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve just discovered a bug in the Develop Module in LR6.2 perpetual version. I have Photoshop CS6 perpetual updated as far as it will go (to ACR 9.1), Mac.

I’ve not been affected by the changes to Import in LR6.2 which are causing many people so much stress, as I always copy files from the card to the computer drive before importing and do all my in initial file organisation outside of LR and apply all metadata after import.

I set my default develop parameters by hitting alt-Reset in the Develop Module and I have these set in LR prefs as “specific to camera serial number”. My default setting are actually very close to the LR defaults except I tend to add a little Vibrance, turn off sharpening and I always have “Remove Chromatic Aberration” checked. However, since updating to 6.2, newly imported files do not have the CA tick box checked although all other settings that I have tried appears to be as they should be. Strangely, when I then hit the Reset button (which restores the Develop defaults), the CA button then gets checked. This is odd behaviour as it should be checked after import.

I then tried saving my default settings as a User Preset and applying that in the Import Dialogue and I get the same thing - the CA button is not checked although, once again, hitting the Reset button checks it. So LR is not applying all the default settings properly upon import. However, when I open a raw image (with no sidecar XMP file) in ACR 9.1, the CA button is checked as it should be. I’ve tested this out with raw files from several different Nikon cameras (Nikon NEFs).

Now remove CA is very important in raw file conversions and the fact that it isn't checked could be easily missed. I would hate to have to go back to a large batch of files if I’d worked on the converted images and then found that CA was not removed. That could involve a lot of wasted time. Basically the workaround is to import (either using defaults in the Develop Module or applying a Develop Preset in the Import Dialogue), select a file, hit Reset (which applies all the default settings including remove CA) and then sync all other newly imported files.

I’m wondering if anybody else is experiencing this. I've searched this forum and not found anything. Is it universal to all LR users since this latest update?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017
This is fixed in Lightroom 2015.4/6.4 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate
7 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the report. I can confirm that it is a bug introduced in Lr 6.2 and I've submitted a fix for the next Lr update (6.3).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great thanks Simon. I'm glad it's been acknowledged and will be fixed I'm sure in the next update. I discovered it quite by accident and have not seen anything about it elsewhere.

It's such an excellent feature of LR and ACR - it really does the job on lateral CA and I don't examine images any more for CA because of that. Once it's set as a default, I don't tend to look at it again because of where it sits in the Develop Module, so it would be possible to process a lot of images before realising it wasn't set. I only saw it because I took some architectural shots yesterday (which I don't usually do) and went into the Lens Correction section to correct converging verticals when I noticed it wasn't ticked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import using a develop preset forcing the develop process to switch CA to "on" LR does not set this switch for the importet pictures but shows all importes pictures with the switch in position off. I have to enable CA after the import for all pictures manually

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When importing images using my develop preset, the chromatic aberration setting is not being applied. This occurred after upgrading to ver. 6.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here
Jeremy Whigham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem too. Hoping for a fix, I always apply "Remove CA" via a preset on import, and it wasn't until another person brought this issue to my attention that I realised that all my previosly imported raws (since LR 2015.2) didn't had the "Remove CA" option checked as I thought!!
But at least I have this wonderful new import screen. That totally makes up for it... (just joking...).
Thanks in advance for fixing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This is fixed in Lightroom 2015.4/6.4 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate