• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Render Smart Previews from LrC edited w custom profiles correctly in all Lr Photos cloud clients

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raw images with a custom camera profile not look correct when synced from Lightroom Classic to the cloud.  This is r-e-a-l-l-y inconvenient for updating my Adobe Portfolio.  The images look lousy in lightroom.adobe.com, LIghtroom Mobile (Android and iPadOS).  The workaround is to export as jpg, and then reimport into LrC and sync the jpg to the cloud - but that is unmanageable for more than just a few images.

Bug Started
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Setting Status

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Setting status on feature request.

Affects: Lr Galleries, Portfolio and Spark.

Primary Workaround:

1. After syncing Smart Previews from Lightroom Classic
  2. Make sure your DCP Profile is imported via a Lightroom Desktop/Mobile/Web Client
  3. Open the image in a Lightroom Ecosystem Client and perform a tiny edit to a seldom used slider
    (Example: Texture +1)
  4. Move to the next image to commit the sync
  5. Undo the edit from step 3.

The renders shoud now be correct in clients using the Lr Photos import (Gall

Status Under review

Votes

Translate

Translate
31 Comments
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk -

The issue seems to have come back.  I edited (tweaked) in LrC one of my previously-synced images where I used a linear (custom) profile.  After syncing, it looked incorrect on lightroom.adobe.com, but correct after I diddled the texture up by one.  I let it sync back to LrC.  The image looks correct now in LrC, Lr, and lr.adobe.com, however it now looks incorrect in portfolio.adobe.com - even after refreshing the collection and even deleting/recreating the collection page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it's working... I may have fumbled somewhere previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue.  After syncing from LrC to the cloudd, even if I diddle something (like texture +1) on the cloud side, upon resyncing to LrC the fix becomes ineffective - even if the images on the LrC were not touched or changed subsequent to the sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

This is the exact same issue that has plagued Lightroom sync with custom profile from the very beginning. I'll refer you to our original discussion on this issue from 2016. Although the original issue stemmed from a lack of support for custom profiles in the cloud ecosystem, Lightroom still cannot correctly render synced images that use a custom profile. Even after making a slight adjustment to the edit on a mobile or web version, these photos still do not display correctly in Adobe Portfolio. It seems like it should not be difficult to force the use of the custom profile when generating a thumbnail image. I'll be happy to provide examples if needed-I have thousands of images that are affected by this problem.

https://feedback-readonly.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-cc-20157-lightroom...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There doesn't appear to be any movement at all on this, and it's a showstopper for me.  I think I will move my gallery/website to Squarespace.

Votes

Translate

Translate