• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Rendering issues: pixelated image while making adjustments or brushing

Engaged ,
Dec 16, 2012 Dec 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 4.3 final (on Windows 7 64bit, with an ATI Radeon HD5450, latest Catalyst 12.10 drivers) gives me some really weird rendering issues in the Develop module that were not present in the RC ("beta 6").

As long as I hover over the knob of a slider after making an adjustment, the image is not properly updated/refined and stays in an unrefined/pixelized state. This happens with ALL sliders in all sections of the Develop module. It was working in LR 4.2 and LR 4.3RC.

What's more, when I use the local adjustment brush, I see a MUCH larger area than the size of the brush affected initially as I add a brush stroke; only when I release the mouse button the adjustment is rendered correctly. Again, this too was working in LR 4.2 and LR 4.3RC.

Things I have tried: update/revert the graphics drivers (I tried a total of FOUR different driver versions). Update/revert the mouse driver. Delete the ACR cache. Start with a fresh catalog and no plugins, just adding something like 100 photos. Nothing helps.

To say the least, it is ANNOYING that something like the rendering in the Develop module is changed from an RC to a final version when it has such a MAJOR impact. It renders LR 4.3 final practically unusable for me; I've reverted to the 4.3 RC (which is faster and more responsive than 4.2 was).

Adobe Forum thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4926364

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
28 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone for adobe contacted me, I emailed them my files, XMP, made a video of it, etc. they can't reproduce it. Oh well, maybe when I pay to upgrade to version 5, they'll fix it.

So far my favorite version of lightroom was 3.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree Noah... the whole 4.x series doesn't taste quite right. Too many bugs slipped through into release versions. Worse if it's bugs that were fixed in the RCs...

I'm test driving Capture One 7 Pro at the moment because of that, and I'm a Lightroom user since v1.x...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
C17 sucks big time, crashes, crashes, crashes. I can't even import my whole library. I've tried aperture, it's just not quite there, photo ninja has potential, DxO is kinda neat, but I keep coming back to lightroom. They're close, but not great.

Votes

Translate

Translate