• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Scaling issue in Photoshop but only when exporting from Lightroom Classic

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically when I use Edit in Photoshop 2021 I get scaling issues like this - i.e. the mouse pointer appears in one place but affects the image in another.

Screenshot 2021-10-12 202551.jpg

So when I try and draw around the eye on the right the effect is as above.

If I export the image to the desktop and open manually in Photoshop this doesn't happen - only when exporting from Lightroon Classic.

Both Lightroom and Photoshop individually work fine on different monitors at different resolution, but like most people, I like to use the Edit in Photoshop function as it is a fundamental part of my workflow.

I thought to start with this was a Photoshop problem but now I am not sure.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling without plugins but nothing has changed. I've even tried reinstalling the OS.

You can read the full thread here under the Photoshop section.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/scaling-issue-in-photoshop-2021-v22-5... 

Many Thanks

Ian

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Well after two weeks on chat with Adobe technical support I finally got to chat with an excellent Senior technician last night who has acknowledged this is a bug between Lightroom and Photoshop that happens in relatively unique situations. Nothing to do with the multiple monitor set up as it happens when the laptop is operating by itself. It has been referred to the Dev Team but if anyone else happens to come across this, until there is a fix, the workaround is to open Photoshop first, then Ligh

Votes

Translate

Translate
37 Comments
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's whatever they are on a clean install. Sorry I can't check at the moment but I've done a complete clean install of everything - photoshop and Lightroom, including deleting preferences in app data to ensure that everything was reset. The problem still persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It's whatever they are on a clean install."

Unfortunately that doesn't help.  

I need to know the scaling on both Lightroom Classic: Preferences>Interface

I also need to know the scaling setings on the Windows OS for each monitor

These should all be percentage values. When you get that information, I should be able to make some recommendations. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I say I can't get that information as someone from adobe is currently controlling my computer trying to fix the issue (she can't so is escalating it to someone more senior). 
At the moment there is only one monitor as to troubleshoot I decided to detach the laptop from everything external. My laptop display - 15inch - is set to it's recommended settings of  1920x1080 at 125%.

I wasn't trying to be unhelpful - I presumed that you knew as an Adobe Employee what the default scaling settings were in Lightroom as I couldn't check at the time and I knew I hadn't changed them. 
the technician working on it currently has reinstalled and cleaned all the settings and that hasn't solved it. I will update when she has finished. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no scaling settings on the latest version of lightroom classic under preferences - interface

iwatts_0-1634844993848.png

This is lightroom classic 10.4 which is the most recent release - which explains why I couldn't tell you what the scaling settings were. In Photoshop UI scaling is set to Auto, but, bear in mind that Photoshop works fine when opening an image manually - just not when opening from Lightroom.

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is under Font Size:

The Windows Values are in the image below: 

2021-10-21_15-20-07WindowsScale.jpg

We need the value for each monitor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we must be at crossed purposes here. There is nothing wrong with the font size, it's the location of the cursor compared to the selection drawn that is the issue. Plus I've already said there is only one monitor and given you the resolution and scaling of that. There were three monitors but as I said for troubleshooting I disconnected the laptop from the external displays. The laptop is again, a 15 inch display, 1920x1080 at125% scaling. The problem occurs as demonstrated while using the lasso select tool, but also the brush tool etc. where the cursor is and where the selection happens are displaced. But photoshop works fine if I open an image manually - the only issue is with edit in Photoshop from Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the problem has nothing to do with Font Size. However, I still need to know the value in that pulldown. 

As a test, set your laptop screen to 100 % instead 125% in the Windows dialog. Restart the laptop. Test the file again. 

Do you still see the offset on the masking tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. If you look in the picture above you will see that the font drop down  is set to default (Auto). 
As I stated in the thread linked in my original post I have already stated that changing the screen resolution to 100% solves the problem but makes the UI small not just in photoshop and Lightroom but in windows and everything else. When I ultimately do want to connect to the 4K monitor it would be even worse as that has a recommended scale of 150%, so setting that to 100% would make everything way too small to be usable. But that's down the line. At the moment I need a solution that works just on the laptop and reducing the scaling on the laptop display is not a solution when the only app that has a problem with 125% is Photoshop. But it's even more specific than that. It isn't a problem in photoshop because if I open an image in photoshop directly everything works. It's only when I use Edut in Photoshop in Lightroom. Both programs work perfectly independently but not together in the way they are designed. 
I don't know what more information I can give than I have given in this thread and the other thread referenced at the top. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the additional information.  I was hoping you could expand the Font Pulldown but we can move on without it.

At this point there are several open threads in this and our former support forum with a feature request for more granular UI control in Lightroom Classic. The original feature request did not get migrated in our previous forum so I will be taking this existing post and marking it as Primary.

Right now your best workaround is to choose from 100, 150, or 200% in the Windows dialog.  Adjusting the Font size in the Lightroom Preferences>Interface dialog will be the only option you have to improve readability. 

There is a related open issue that causes inaccurate placement of Map pins in the 125% Scaling. I will be merging this into that open bug with engineering. 

Thank you for the additional informtion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting status to acknowledged

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well after two weeks on chat with Adobe technical support I finally got to chat with an excellent Senior technician last night who has acknowledged this is a bug between Lightroom and Photoshop that happens in relatively unique situations. Nothing to do with the multiple monitor set up as it happens when the laptop is operating by itself. It has been referred to the Dev Team but if anyone else happens to come across this, until there is a fix, the workaround is to open Photoshop first, then Lightroom, and then the Edit IN Photoshop 2021 (or 2022 - the bug is in the updated version) will work as normal. It is not a scaling issue and at least now I can get on with editing. Many Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2023 Jun 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to post something that probably adds nothing, but this is EXACTLY my issue too. Thank you very much indeed for the workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate