Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Scrolling over folders in library module doesn't work

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2011 Oct 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I experienced a bug in LR scrolling behaviour within the library module. To describe the problem best, I recorded a screencast video with audio comment that I uploaded to my webserver:
http://www.silentcreek.de/lrbug/demo.avi
In short: Scrolling with the mousewheel over folders in LR's library module doesn't work properly.

Here is what I know:
1) The bug doesn't always occur. Sometimes scrolling works for a couple of days, but most times it doesn't, which is annoying, of course.
2) I could only reproduce this bug as shown in my demo video in the library module when trying to scroll with my mousewheel over the folders or publishing services. Everywhere else, it works fine.
3)The bug seems hardware independent: I experienced it on my laptop as well as my desktop (one Win 7 32bit, one Win 7 64bit; two different mice, one by MS one by Cherry).
4) I experienced this bug for quite a while with different versions of LR (currently 3.5, but the earliest version I used was 3.2)

I hope this helps to figure out the problem.

Thanks,

Timo

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012
Bug is fixed for me in LR 4 RC2.

Votes

Translate

Translate
56 Comments
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so... scrolling in LR4 RC2 works only partially. All looks good until I switch to dev-module and back. Scrolling still does not work over folders. Too bad...

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sooo... I installed the Update V4.1 a minute ago - and the bug prevailed. Scrolling does not work over folders.
This issue is far from being solved!

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 03, 2013 May 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news? I am using LR 4.4 and still having this problem. I keep buying Lightroom upgrades even though bugs like these persist. Am I an idiot customer for continuing to support buggy software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 03, 2013 May 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. I still have it with LR 4.4. NOT solved at all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2013 May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this probem too, and I'm not pleased. As soon as I enter a folder that has more subfolders than fit in the window, I'm stuck and I have to restart LR. There are quite a few obvious bugs in LR that don't seem to get any attention from the devteam, and I think it is a disgrace ...

Give us a bloody scrollbar in the damn folder window if you are incapable of fixing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
good video clips from around the globe in some diverse languages. Mobdro PC you might prefer to understand how to download it to your Personal computer.nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate