• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Secondary Display Blurry

LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be an issue with blurry thumbnails/2nd monitor loupe display in develop module after upgrading to LR4.2 from LR4.1

Library Thumbnail

Develop Thumbnail

More Discussion in topic on Lightroom Discussions Area :
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/107598...

Note: This topic was created from a reply on the LR 4.2 displaying blurry grid images when in "import" topic.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013
This issue has been somewhat improved in Lightroom 4.4. There is still work that needs to be done, but it's better than in 4.3.

The public release candidate of 4.4 is available for download here:
http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/li...

Please note that this is not the final version of Lightroom 4.4, it's a release candidate. A "release candidate" label indicates that this update is well tested but would benefit from additional community testing before it is distributed automatically to all...

Votes

Translate

Translate
19 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To reproduce, attach a second monitor and enable the Loupe (Normal) view on the Seconday Display. Then, enter Develop mode for a raw-format photograph. After adjusting the Shadows slider, observe that the loupe is blurry/pixelated until a manual zoom operation is performed on the loupe.

Those same steps yield the expected result in LR 4.1 (no blurry badness), but not in LR 4.2.

I'm on OS X 10.6.x, however this has been reported by users in many different OS configurations.

Examples and test cases available from Adobe community:
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1075988
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1076115
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1077341
(and many more)

Note: This topic was created from a reply on the LR 4.2 displaying blurry grid images when in "import" topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to point out that there appears to be a blurry-causing bug on 4.2 that may be related to this, which is currently filed over here.

For me, the issue occurs on portrait-oriented photos, on the filmstrip AND secondary monitor, ONLY in develop mode. 100% reproducible. For the filmstrip, it only occurs when the item is active. If you then move to another portrait image, both thumbnails remain blurry. If you move to a landscape, the portrait thumbnails return to being sharp. Simultaneously, as the portrait image is rendered on the secondary display, it begins sharp and then turns blurry, with its thumbnail turning blurry at the same time.

The below image shows the phenomenon occurring on the filmstrip. Windows 7x64, ATI Radeon 5870 GPU, 16GB RAM, Intel Core i7 2600K, 256GB SSD, LR 4.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2012 Oct 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the primary monitor, where you are in Develop, do you have the Navigator panel showing? If the Navigator is collapsed or hidden, try showing it and expanding the panel. I was able to reproduce the fuzzy behavior mentioned here, but only when the Navigator wasn't showing. I'm curious if this is the same issue you are seeing or not.

Thanks,
Becky

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, the navigator is also always open - just tried opened/closed makes no difference. Seems to affect some images more than others, possibly to do with different dimensions and scaling when zoomed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, the navigator is also always open - just tried opened/closed makes no difference. Seems to affect some images more than others, possibly to do with different dimensions and scaling when zoomed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you be willing to install the public RC of Lightroom 4.3 and see if the problem still occurs? Lightroom 4.3 Public RC can be downloaded from labs.adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give that a go, although someone already has on the lightroom discussion thread on this - no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2012 Nov 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed, confirmed no change in this behavior. Real bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2012 Nov 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, still the same in LR4.3RC as previously noted - shown in thumbnail above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2012 Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing this problem and it seems to be related to portrait orientation. I have just rendered 1:1 previews for all images. For example I load new images in landscape orientation and within a second it is shape on both display, then I select the crop tool and crop (any value) and the preview looks fine. If hit the x key to rotate the orientation of the crop suddenly the preview is Ll blurred, if I hit x again to rotate back it looks fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem - especially with vertical TIF files.
I have
1) upgraded to LR 4.3
2) updated my Graphics driver (2x)

The fuzziness goes away on ZOOM IN, but returns on ZOOM Out.
This is happening with both NEW and OLD images.
DNG are fine.
But once I edit it and save it in TIF format, either from Photoshop or PhotoMatix (HDR application), the image is fuzzy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the same problem in LR 4.3. Vertical-oriented TIF's (see screenshot of second monitor below) and CR2's both have this issue. Zooming in fixes the issue, but a zoom out restores it. Library view does not have degraded performance in the second monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Top picture is second monitor, picture below it is primary monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem... When that BAD bug will be solved ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2013 Feb 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue on Macbook pro retina 13" and 27" LED cinema display as secondary display, OSX 10.8.2, LR 4.3, CR 7.3

Problem occurs only on secondary display, in develop mode, loupe mode on secondary display, with canon RAW files (.CR2)

Apparently, on my side, problem appears everytime in native ratio (2x3 for me), not depending on orientation, in ratio 1x1 everything is ok.

This issue is very problematic for me since LR supports HiDPI displays only on 4.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just stared for me on a 2 year old MacBook Pro OS 10.6.8 8Gb Ram, LR 4.3. Never had this issue before. The main laptop screen is fine at 100-200%. Second screen is blurry (in the image area) at any magnification. Quitting and restarting LR solves the bug for a while. Turning off and on secondary screen in LR doesn't fix it.

Secondary display is a CRT (still calibrating well) at 1600x1200x65 Hz.

Anyone offered any ideas yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In progress. Team is investigating a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been somewhat improved in Lightroom 4.4. There is still work that needs to be done, but it's better than in 4.3.

The public release candidate of 4.4 is available for download here:
http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/li...

Please note that this is not the final version of Lightroom 4.4, it's a release candidate. A "release candidate" label indicates that this update is well tested but would benefit from additional community testing before it is distributed automatically to all of our customers.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Looks almost entirely fixed in 4.4 RC for me. Thanks for posting the link there. Much more usable now!

Votes

Translate

Translate