• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: seizes computer after Dock adjustment, or rearranging in dock. Force quit no help

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2013 Sep 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Pro Retina. OXS 10.8.4 Just loaded LR5 from a disk. Version 5.0 Camera Raw 8.1 No updates avail for either.
First thing I wanted to do was "Keep in Dock" the icon/shortcut. The moment I tried to select it and move it across the bottom of the screen/reorganize it in the dock, it locked my whole computer up. A force quit on LR didn't help. Everything but cursor was frozen. I uninstalled LR5 and tried a fresh re-load. Same problem. Every time I opened LR5, and tried to move the icon in the dock, it froze. In the APP pages, I moved the icon from one page to another, and then went back to the dock. This was the ONLY time I was able to move it in the dock. every attempt after this, was a restart, to gain function to the computer again. I can video this and post it somewhere if it helps. Also, the double finger tap/"right click" feature didn't work on LR5 either, to try and add to dock or remove from dock.
When everything froze, with small windows (three finger swipe up), the cursor would actually be able to select things on the minimized windows, but never actually open them back up full size again.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014
Hi Tony,

As it turns out, this is an Apple bug. We reported the bug to Apple and they've fixed it in 10.10. So if you wish, you can fix this by upgrading to 10.10 when it becomes available.

(To anyone on the team reading this: Watson bug 3633147, Radar bug 17328649, tested and found fixed in 10.10 build 14A298i.)

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://youtu.be/Ib8Cms4DjDg
here is a video of what happens if anyone cares to see... thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the bug report, and the video which helped clarify things. I am able to reproduce this problem, and have reported it to the Lightroom engineers. Note that this bug occurs only if Lightroom is in Full Screen mode, so it's pretty easy to work around. Go to Window>Screen Mode>Normal, or press Shift-F to take Lightroom out of Full Screen Mode. Then the bug will not occur. You can also add Lightroom to the dock, and place it where you like, while Lightroom is not launched, which would be another way to work around the problem.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply, the confirmation, and the work-around. I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Tony,

As it turns out, this is an Apple bug. We reported the bug to Apple and they've fixed it in 10.10. So if you wish, you can fix this by upgrading to 10.10 when it becomes available.

(To anyone on the team reading this: Watson bug 3633147, Radar bug 17328649, tested and found fixed in 10.10 build 14A298i.)

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate