• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Slow Starting and Frequent Crashing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had upgraded to v10 of Lightroom Classic, and now this is extremely slow. On top of this, most time it crashes entirely, especially when I am starting Lightroom for a second time without restarting Windows (as in I close Lightroom, and restart some time later).

I have noticed that this issue is less frequent when my machine is on mains power, and wondered if this was also an issue with power profiles. The Better Performance profile is definitely less issue prone on v10, compared to the Better Battery profile which is the default.

I have tried downgrading to v9.4, but of course now my catalog files are not compatible with earlier versions, and I do not want to lose images I have imported since.

I would be grateful for help with this, as I am effectively stuck without my most used software at the moment.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released yesterday and include a fix for this issue. Please install the December update, restart your system and verify you are no longer experiencing the issue. Thank you for your assistance in reporting, providing additional information and, most of all, for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
20 Comments
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same with me with the frequent crashes. Lightroom 10, MacBookPro Late 2018, OSX 10.14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@samuel_jessop 

We've reviewed the email address you use with this forum and find no crash reports in our system.

Did you see a crash dialog?

Do you use a different email address when filling out the crash report?

Was the crash dialog Adobe, Microsoft or Apple?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*naturephoto_kk 

We've reviewed the email address you use with this forum and find no crash reports in our system.

Did you see a crash dialog?

Do you use a different email address when filling out the crash report?

Was the crash dialog Adobe or Apple?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk

No crash dialog, rather that it freezes completely. I don't always get "not responding" in the top bar of the window, which is very unusual too.

I am having to restart my Windows session completely when this happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A long shot, but if you go to File menu > Plug-in Manager, what plug-ins are installed? If there's a LogiOptions one, remove it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked your Windows logs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To build on this, the LogiOptions is notorious for causing very slow startups of LR, though I haven't heard of it causing actual freezes that last for more than a couple minutes.  Logitech installs this nasty, very buggy plugin silently when you install Logitech drivers and utilities for many of its pointing devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just gone through logs for the past 24hrs, and nothing at all crash related. I never get the system popup where I have an option to close Lightroom, rather I have to force close the process myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled this just now, so will keep a lookout. I have also disabled all GPU acceleration for Lightroom which seems to help a small amount.

Still weird that it is mostly fine on mains power, but not always. I'm at the point where something is definitely not right, but I am able to use LR in a pinch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that LogiOptions was installed is very suspicious, given how it has caused slow startup for so many people. So please do provide an update on whether uninstallation makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a different email adress for the crash report. But my crash dialog was Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had that installed for a few months after buying a new keyboard and mouse, and I wasn't aware of an issue with v9. Even so, the less running the better especially at start-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked the Adobe ID you provided me via Email and find no crash reports under that address. Was it an Apple dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure it was the Adobe dialog. I'll watch out for the next crash and use my email from feedback.photoshop.com login. Then I will contact you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,
I had some more crashes and send the report with my email adress I use in this forum.
The crashes happen sometimes when I switch from the grid view to the development module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found your new crash report in the system. We do have bug open already for this issue. Thanks for sticking with it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom Classic 2021 on Mac - both on Big Sur and Catalina - keeps crashing and performs extreme slow at occasions. Have removed the Logioptions-plugin - though it was disabled - and hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released yesterday and include a fix for this issue. Please install the December update, restart your system and verify you are no longer experiencing the issue. Thank you for your assistance in reporting, providing additional information and, most of all, for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rick no crashing, but it is still 50% as fast as Lightroom v9. This is really quite frustrating. I have an i7 Surface Book and was able to edit 150MP Phase One files with no issues, and now I'm having to wonder if a whole new machine is needed just to make v10 run snappy with the 24MP files from my own camera. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greeting i have similar problems my Lightroom Classic does not crash but its starts slow and then when i start using tools like brushing etc starts lagging, ex the result of edit come after at least 10 sec or more and that is a constant state.

Votes

Translate

Translate