• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Synced collection distorts images in cloud gallery

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images from a synced Lightroom Classic (12.3) collection appear distorted (vertically squashed) when viewed in the generated web gallery.  This is consistent across browsers, devices, OS (but working primarily on Mac 13.3.1 and iOS 16.2).  I saw that there was a similar discussion from June 2022 but the proposed solution (check the metadate projection field for equirectangular) did not resolve the issue. Interestingly, when I access the collection on a mobile device, the images are distorted in the collection there (not just a generated web gallery).  However when I hard press on an image (a gesture that typically shows before/after states) the original unedited image briefly appears (as expected) but when it pops back to the current state, the distortion is gone.

For background, these images were shot on a Sony a7iii with the aspect ratio accidentally set to 16:9 (versus the native sensor 3:2).  Once imported I batch reset the crop to include the whole sensor capture.  I did this by adjusting one image and syncing the crop settings across the others. 

Oddly when the image "pops" back to undistorted in the mobile app, it returns to the 16:9 crop.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

We've logged a bug with our Cloud team to investigate. Please leave the gallery available.

Thank you!

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
8 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some screen-capture examples of what you are seeing would help us diagnose.

Additionally, if you can create a shared album called "Distorted" with a few images in it and then share with us that link, we can look on the backend and see if we can discover what is happening. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the web gallery the third and fifth images have the distortion but not the others. I'm also noticing that the web gallery doesn't reflect the custom sequencing of the collection that I established in LrC.  Here also are a before and after (with distortion and without).

IMG_1047.PNGIMG_1049.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will forward to the team for review. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've logged a bug with our Cloud team to investigate. Please leave the gallery available.

Thank you!

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Will do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Travis L  Are you still experiencing this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes unfortunately.  Images appear fine in LR Classic on Desktop.  In Lightroom Mobile app (some) images are distorted in grid view.  When selecting to view single image, it appears to "pop" and lose the distortion.  However in the synced web gallery they remain distorted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate