Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Tif smart previews not updated in develop mode in mobile

Participant ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok first the setup:
I start with LR Classic (in a shared album, smart-previews in the cloud) and send a RAW to Photoshop, after I'm done with my edit the saved tiff gets added my LR classic and automatically added to the shared album as a smart-preview too (thats nice).

In LR Mobile I can see my edit in develop mode and in the preview, so far so good.

Then later I continue working on that tiff (sending it to Photoshop via LR Classic again, so LR gets the update). And it does get the update, LR classic shows the changes I have done.

Back to mobile, here I get the old version in develop mode, the preview thumbnail gets updated to the new version, if I open the tiff smart-preview into activity, rating, or info view, I see the updated version as it should be.

But if I get into develop mode in LR mobile, it shows the current version (as it should be), but only for a second and then switches to the version that was first shared when I saved the first edit (that is now outdated and not what LR classic shows or whats actually in that file).

If I switch from develop to the activity, rating, or info views it remains the incorrect older version, If I get back and go into activity, rating, or info view directly without going through develop, its the current version as it should be again.

Biggest problem, on export I always get the old outdated version of this photo, even if I don't export out of the develop mode view.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

With Store Album Locally enabled, I can duplicate this. I will log a bug with the Android team. Thanks for the report. 

As a workaround:

1. You can unsync the file from Lightroom Classic
  2. Allow the sync to update on the Android device
  3. Resync the updated file from Classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
35 Comments
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Donna, this is a different issue. Let's see if Adobe staff replies at that problem report link. I agree it's also a serious bug and I'm not happy about it either. My biggest disappointment is the loss of keywords in album shares when they added keyword editing to LR Web. Still not fixed.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/keywords-not-visible-in-shared-lightroom-web-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And still not fixed. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now a year after confirmation from Adobe staff, still no fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shows the newly edited version and then reverts back to the unedited version immediately. I have screenshots showing showing. 

I can't upload to Instagram now 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep! That's exactly what happens. And it's been a year... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might have fixed it. I went to Preferences, and unchecked only download smart previews. Then I cleared my cache in Device info and storage 

I'm on a Galaxy S21 with no SD card, so it stores locally. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That option has been off for me all along. But those files are just smart previews so it shouldn't change anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also not really a fix (not even a usable workaround) if I have to redownload more that 10k photos for local storing after deleting my cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Still not fixed...(just another reminder)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Todd Shaner @Rikk Flohr: Photography 

Here we are 3 years later and this is still not working? Do you have any updates on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate