• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: TIFF file reloads after each Develop edit, potential data loss

Contributor ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR6 (CC), edit TIF file (imported from PS or NIK). Image "reloads" after almost every Develop module edit. In some cases, all previous Develop module settings are lost, and the image reverts to it's original appearance. Even though the previous Develop module edits are still shown on the History panel - they no longer have any effect. Result - total loss of all user edits.

Workaround: disable "Automatically write changes to XMP" in catalog settings. This is what appears to trigger the constant "reloads".

Note this does not appear to be related to GPU - the problem occurs exactly the same whether GPU is enabled or disabled. Also note, the problem does NOT occur when editing RAW files. So far, it appears to occur only with TIF files.

Lightroom CC, 2015 Release
Windows 7, 64-bit, all latest updates
AMD Radeon HD 7700, latest AMD drivers

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015
This was fixed in the CC 2015.1 / 6.1 Update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 123 Replies 123
123 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2015 Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround of turning off writing changes to XMP does stop the constant reloading after every adjustment. But it does not solve the problem that Local Adjustments are no longer reversible. Since the circular buttons no longer appear on the image, it is not possible to select previous adjustments and make changes. The adjustments all appear in the history list, but cannot be modified. This is part of the same issue, since it only happens in tiffs returned to LR from Photoshop (or other editors). And the disappearance of the local adjustment buttons coincided with the appearance of the reloading behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you truly have edit pins showing on some photos and not others, that would indeed be an interesting problem, though different (even if related) from this one, so I would suggest starting another thread. Before you do, however, I would suggest that in the Develop module you select the Adjustment brush, and then go to Tools>Tool Overlay and select "Always Show" to see if that makes your edit pins show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add: I have the same issue, too - but again not only related to TIFFs. It is just like LR "stumbles", forgets about some steps inbetween, with several issues as results - changes done, but cannot be adapted anymore, changes not done at all, cropping shown in the preview top left, but not in the main screen etc. All very strange, and very difficult to pinpoint. Switching off auto changes to XMP seems to solve most of it, though - cannot say if really all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, with TIFF and PSD. A real pain with files edited externally with the onOne Perfect photo suite. When the file gets back to lightroom it does constantly reloads after the slightest tweak and regularly looses the adjustment made.
Please Adobe fix this ASAP.
Also as a side note, I've disabled GPU acceleration on my 27" imac with a 675MX 1gb card as the adjustment brush seems to lag more with this feature on. Some other users report that too.
I'd love to see a real visible acceleration when painting with the brush, with and without automask

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was under the impression that the default in Lr6 Catalogue Settings box that says"always write to XMP" is supposed to be unchecked?..Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. This is the first I've noticed it and I've been using LR since it first came out, and I've done a lot of editing in other programs with images brought back into LR as TIFFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. This is a HUGE pain and I have lots a lot of time. I regret upgrading to Lightroom CC 6. Adobe please fix this ASAP or I will be downgrading immediately because I can't edit anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah , won't be long I'll be finding a new platform. This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please Adobe do something quick, we use a lot of external plugins (onOne, Nik, MacPhun...) and the files come back to LR as TIFF or PSD and become almost uneditable because of these annoying refreshes !!

I've also disabled gpu hardware acceleration which doesn't look optimized, the spot removal and adjustement brushes are far slower and lag with acceleration on than without.
this article points it out : http://petapixel.com/2015/05/08/why-y...

Waiting for a fix !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked, Benjamin. I haven't touched that menu. That setting may have gotten changed when I trashed the preferences per advice in another thread on fixing the reloading problem. So although the problems coincided they were only coincidentally related. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay, I think they fixed the problem. With the new CC update. I installed it, I ticked the write to XMP files, took a file out of Lr to On One, did some adjustments, brought it back, and no issues. Threw it back to Ps, and another external plug in, brought it back and still no issue. Thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well i was premature with my last post. now, everything is back to the way it was before. Sorry for the misinformation. Come on Adobe this needs fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got all excited when I saw Larry's first post, but I see he is right with his second post. One thing I've noticed though, at least in my case, if I edit in Photoshop and choose "Edit Original," I do get the reloading on further edits in Lightroom. However, if I select "Edit a copy with Lightroom adjustments," the copy returned from Photoshop seems to be OK. I've only tested this once so far, but I will report back if this doesn't prove to be consistent with other images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was fixed in the CC 2015.1 / 6.1 Update.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two quick tests as an original file and as a copy and both seem to work fine. Will try again tomorrow to make sure. Thanks so much for the fix!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC2015.0.1 or .1? I know Photoshop updated today but I don't see any 2015.1 update for Lightroom. Is that coming tomorrow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sometimes takes a little bit for the update to show up on your CC App. CC2015.1 will be the version number.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, I figured cuz the RAW updates always correspond. Thank you sir !

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about sand-alone LR6 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about stand-alone LR6 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about stand-alone LR6 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 6.1 is the standalone version and LR 2015.1 is the CC version. Bug fixes would be in both. New features would only be in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another possible workaround the edit reloading issue: Unchecking the "always write to xmp" in lr "catalogue Settings"may cause metadata loss if catalogue gets corrupted.So with that box unchecked, the reloading stops,so to save data, select all images edited and go to Metadata,scroll down and choose "save metadata to files", since metadata is not being saved toXMP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you find theLR6.1 upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,