• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Unable to import from direct connected Nikon

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem just recently started. I believe I upgraded my Mac M1 to Ventura and updated Lightroom to the latest version since this stopped working. I have no problem using Nikon transfer to transfer the images from both cameras. 

When I select Add Photos in Lightroom then select Connected Devices (Lightroom does recognize both cameras when they are connected), I see the camera flashing its green indicator as it typically does to reflect that Lightroom seems to be reading. While it is reading, Lightroom displays the message "No images can be imported...." Prior to this issue, that message would be displayed until Lightroom finishes reading the camera or camera card. Now that message remains indefinitely. 

So I am wondering if there was something in either the OS update or Lightroom update that has caused this to stop working.  

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Updating status and adding bug number to thread.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Greetings all, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Monday night, December 12th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 110 Replies 110
110 Comments
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not seem to be fixed in Lightroom 12.1 on iMac running Ventura 13.1. For an Olympus Pen F camera.

Tried to import today into Photos, OM Workspace and of course Lightroom. Import into Lightroom using SDcard in an Apple SD card reader satisfactory. However since this function was available to me before the update I would still like to have the ability to import direct from camera using the suplied cable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread title says Nikon .. ?!?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud only shows 6.1 as being available and which I have installed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that I also have access to Adobe Lightroom Classic via Adobe Creative Cloud (CC) which is at version 12.1. So this still is a problem with the version 6.1 that is available via Adobe Creative Cloud. Trying LRC now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Does not seem to be fixed in Lightroom 12.1 on iMac running Ventura 13.1. For an Olympus Pen F camera."

This thread is primarily about problems connecting to Nikons, though a number of people have reported elsewhere with problems with other manufacturers.  The Pen F manual and some online threads indicate that camera may support mass-storage mode.  Try setting USB Mode to "Storage" (it may be called "Mass Storage") before connecting the camera.  Then the camera will (hopefully) appear in the Files section in the left column of the Import window (not the Devices section).  Some other non-Nikon users have reported switching to mass-storage mode works for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to import my images to lightroom today from my card. The images showed up ok in the import dialoge screen in lightroom all ticked ready to import. I cllicked import and the image files have all transfered successfully to a folder in my pictures as usual. However, when the import finished all I saw was "no photos in previous import" in lightroom. I cannot locate the images anywhere (checked "all photos" and the new dated folder is not referenced in the folders list in lightroom (i.e. it knows the images aren't in lightroom). I've tried clearing the cache (removing the previews.Irdata from the lightroom catalogue) - no joy.  Any ideas please?  

I am using version 12.1 of lightroom classic (camera raw 15.1) on a Mac Studio (2022) macOS Monterey 12.5.1

Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jamafi Your issue is completely different that what is being discussed in this thread. I suggest you post your issue in a new thread.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @KR Seals   I am a bit new to this and thought as I also had a Nikon and was having problems importing from the camera it was the same thread. However good news. In the meantime I solved the issue. I noticed I had three temporary files in the Lightroom Catalog file directory (folder).

Temporary Import data.db, Temporary Import data.db-shm and Temporary Import data.db-wal. According to LightroomQueen, these apparently should be deleted automatically when an import completes. As Lightroom crashed during the previous import they were still there. I deleted them and also the images from the harddrive folder (so I wouldn't be importing duplicates) and tried the import again. It worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hallo to everyone!

I'am unlucky since i've bought a new macbook pro with Ventura, a nikon Z6 ii and i use Lightroom for my job. Since i can't stop to work until a fix i' am working at the moment with C1. I tether with it, than, once at home, i import the job folder in Lightroom and i continue with it as always since i really prefer it for color correction and export. 
Is there someone that can tellme how can i import in Lightroom also crops done inside C1 during the theter ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@MicheleGattuso 

Please open a new thread with your request, as this is different to this one here.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate