• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: unknown error while writing metadata to this photo

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2011 Dec 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 3.6 - on some photos I get a ! mark saying there is a unknown error while writing metadata to this photo. retry? - which I do and it still will not save. No other message is displayed. I've verified there are no 'read-only' permissions on both my folder and photos as well as the catalog folder and files. Ever photo that I have noticed this on as a exif version of 0210. ( not sure if it's related or not ).

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018
Hey Everyone!

I am happy to announce that this issue should be resolved in the release of Photoshop that just went live, 19.1. Please open your Creative Cloud desktop app, update Photoshop and try it out!

Thank you,
Hannah

Adobe Blog: Selections Improvements, Advanced Support for Windows High-Density Monitors and More

What's new: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html
What's fixed: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Instructions for updating: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 13, 2013 Mar 13, 2013
This appears to be resolved in the latest version of lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 03, 2012 Jan 03, 2012
Hi Dean,

Thank you for reporting this issue and posting the file! I've reproduced the problem and logged a bug--we'll proceed with more in-depth investigation into the problem.

The metadata in the file seems to indicate that you worked with this file using Adobe Premier Elements 8 and Elements Organizer 9.0. Did you use any other software to process or modify the file before you imported it into Lightroom? Can you give me a rundown of what your workflow was with this photo--from scanning thro...

Votes

Translate

Translate
79 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with PS 2018
PS 2017 used to have a shortcut for rotate right and left 'Ctrl+[' 'Ctrl+]' and wacom used that, now i cant seem to find the shortcut it uses so i can manually change in wacom software

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you open the image file on the cintiq rotate will not work, you have to open the image file on a separate PNP monitor. we tried 2 files at the same time. drag the app to a PNP open file and its fine, drag back to cintiq and open another file so they are side by side, the cintiq file does not support OPENGL but the file opened on PNP will still rotate. so NOT photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I am also on windows 7 but the problem is still unresolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few day after I posted this message, I was able to work with Photoshop cc2018 and cintiq again. This is good news. This is what is functioning again: 
+ my brushes are grouped and my art pen works on my cintiq again
+ I can activate my wacom tablet properties and change expresskeys
But I still have problems: 
The top button of my touchring autoscroll zoom works, but not the other two:
- the Rotate in Photoshop doesn't work with my touchring = programmed on touchring, "rotate")
- Brush size: programmed on touchring with keystrokes [  counter-clockwise and  ] clockwise 
It would be great, if these could work again too. 
Greetz Evi

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why does it work in PS 2017 then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Sure it's Wacom's Glitch after the Adobe Software update. Nevermind it worked before the sweeping Adobe Update (which had a huge amount of bugs), it's "probably" Wacom's fault.

BTW, I was being sarcastic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
the Wacom driver doesn't recognise specific functions for tablet hotkeys, touch ring or grip pen settings specified for Adobe Ps. This works as expected for other application specific settings per application including other Adobe software. I need to modify the standard setting of touch ring keystrokes or for example grip pen settings to get brush size adjustment and the pen pressure i want running Ps.

macOS 10.13.1
Wacom Intous Pro PTH-651, driver 6.3.25-2 using cable connection
Adobe Photoshop CC 2018

A guess could be that the driver doesn't recognise the Ps application correctly and therefor gives me the standard settings. I have of course cleared previous Wacom driver installed including user settings. 

// Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be good to know if there actually is a button sequence that could trigger rotation increments in Ps. Like for example 11.25° at a time, and eight steps yield a 90° counter clockwise turn of the artboard. Then it would be easy to assign keystrokes to the tablet touch Ring which always has been working well, whereas Rotation command practically never recently worked properly.

I've tried different combinations of R-+ and Alt-R-+ and similar but no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vinegar, I have completely same issue with my Wacom/Photoshop Win10 combination. Pressing R is a workaround, but I liked touch wheel functionality a lot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have finally found a work around until Adobe gets their act together.

I am on win 8.1      PS2018      Cintiq 22hd      and am right handed...

My express keys on the LEFT below the touch strip toggle button are ALT  CTRL   SHIFT 

The ROTATE command was on the RIGHT touch strip

.... and as we know that doesn't work

The ALT express key (above) was set to left ALT

I changed this to RIGHT ALT

Now whilst hold that right alt button down I can now rotate. huh

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I work with a Wacom Intuos Pro, I encountered some issues with Ps CC 2018 as well. Most important: pen pressure and brush shape dynamics don't work at all ..! Wacom driver is latest version 6.3.25-5.
In Ps CC 2017 everything is okay. So I decided to uninstall CC 2018 and roll back to cc 2017... To bad Adobe. And you can't blame Wacom, since their drivers worked so far in older CC-versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe just launched a new update, and now the Rotate tool finally works in wacom intuos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2018 defaults to windows ink and breaks pen pressure if you turn it off.

You need to make the PSUserConfig file for 2018 to get your stuff working again. 

Just type this in:

# Use WinTab
UseSystemStylus 0

Save the file as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt, and save the file into the Photoshop settings folder: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings\

Restart Photoshop and it should work.

What this does is tells Photoshop to use the device and its drivers instead of Windows Ink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Update allowed my pen pressure to come back, but it comes and goes as it pleases. The program spazzes not when this happens.

I'm trying to see was could probably trigger it but nothing has been consistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I installed Ps CC 2018 update and tried rotating artboard with PTH-651 touch-ring running Wacom driver 6.3.23-4 on macOS 10.13.1. Hence the old driver as the latest one introduces a nasty bug.

Anyhow I'm pretty certain that this broken rotating feature is Wacom's bad. It hasn't been working for me on a Mac in a long time, and hitting keyboard R has obviously always worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt+Backspace problem can be fixed with Apssistant plugin. Disable Alt menu hotkey, and now Alt+Backspace will work as usual, no need to double tap. Works for Alt + Num Key to change the brush smoothing too. Also kinda fixes the rotation with Wacom touch ring. The canvas rotates, but not as smoothly, as before. Pressing Right Alt while using the touch ring enables the rotation to work normally. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally!
Thank you Adobe! This last update, the rotation has returned to normal operation! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've solved my problem (express key couldn't customize with PS2018) in this way:
- additionally ps2017cc install to ps2018cc via Adobe Cloud/Apps
- got the ps2017.app back, which I previously deleted, when it still worked
-switched to wacom driver settings (actual version in comb. with macOS)
- deleted the ps2018.app in the entries
- configured so express key for a test and it work's now fine
- deinstalled ps2017 via cloud deinstaller
- wacom entry of ps2017.app still there and finalized my setuo op express keys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone!

I am happy to announce that this issue should be resolved in the release of Photoshop that just went live, 19.1. Please open your Creative Cloud desktop app, update Photoshop and try it out!

Thank you,
Hannah

Adobe Blog: Selections Improvements, Advanced Support for Windows High-Density Monitors and More

What's new: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html
What's fixed: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Instructions for updating: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are still problems after the upgrade. with the windows INK enabled, the feather pressure works, but the ALT + right click does not work. When Windows INK is turned off, the feather pressure does not work, but the ALT + right button works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in file 
User\*nameaccount*\AppData\Roaming\Adobe Pchotoshop CC 2018\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings\
creat 
PSUserConfig.txt
in side 
# Use WinTab
UseSystemStylus 0

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed by brand new Wacom Intuos Pro yesterday, and it was working fine until an hour ago when I updated Adobe Photoshop, so the issue is obviously not fixed. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i bought one 3 days ago and returned it, it had so many intermittent issues would stop working,pen would stop ,brush size would automatically expand and contract ,would not be recognized ,uninstalled reinstalled driversused the config thin worked for 15 minutes /would not turn on,when using pen stylus with brush it would blob  out color/after 24 hrs  that was it for me a go back to using my logitech mouse,i cant believe an industry leader in the field like wacom would make garbage like this.
oh yeah tried one of their cheaper  intuos draw and will return it tomorrow  as its junk too?had a graphire and never had this issues.
Guess when technology companies get so huge they don't care about the customers,hopefully the competition will surpass Wacom with a superior product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for my old wacom intuos 3 this has been working for me:

Add a .txt in the Photoshop files

Wacom tablets : add a .txt file containing only “UseSystemStylus 0” (without the quotes) and name it “PSUserConfig”. Then place it in the following folder :

• For Windows : C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Settings (Or select your Photoshop Version if it’s an other one)
  • For Mac : Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, but i did add the config  as described and worked ok  fine for intuos pro table but after half an hour tablet stopped working ,tried everything all over again nope its been returned ,new products should not have these issues.Everyone blames windows or mac but the real issue in the end is wacom.

Votes

Translate

Translate