• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: unknown error while writing metadata to this photo

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2011 Dec 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 3.6 - on some photos I get a ! mark saying there is a unknown error while writing metadata to this photo. retry? - which I do and it still will not save. No other message is displayed. I've verified there are no 'read-only' permissions on both my folder and photos as well as the catalog folder and files. Ever photo that I have noticed this on as a exif version of 0210. ( not sure if it's related or not ).

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018
Hey Everyone!

I am happy to announce that this issue should be resolved in the release of Photoshop that just went live, 19.1. Please open your Creative Cloud desktop app, update Photoshop and try it out!

Thank you,
Hannah

Adobe Blog: Selections Improvements, Advanced Support for Windows High-Density Monitors and More

What's new: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html
What's fixed: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Instructions for updating: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 13, 2013 Mar 13, 2013
This appears to be resolved in the latest version of lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 03, 2012 Jan 03, 2012
Hi Dean,

Thank you for reporting this issue and posting the file! I've reproduced the problem and logged a bug--we'll proceed with more in-depth investigation into the problem.

The metadata in the file seems to indicate that you worked with this file using Adobe Premier Elements 8 and Elements Organizer 9.0. Did you use any other software to process or modify the file before you imported it into Lightroom? Can you give me a rundown of what your workflow was with this photo--from scanning thro...

Votes

Translate

Translate
79 Comments
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your wacom properties select mapping unclick the windows ink then go back and make sure photoshop is selected in the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue on my HP Spectre since the last update. MUST Uninstall the WINDOWS Update and TURN OFF the Auto Update option. Its a little tricky finding the damn thing, but for now PSCc is working normal again with my Wacom Tablet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soooo... bringing this post back up. Did this ever get fixed? I've only just today had reason in my line of work to open photoshop and attempt to sketch something up, only to find that this issue seems to be persisting months later in version 19.1.6 with an intuos pro small. Is there an actual fix coming for this...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Giorgio,

I realize this post is from earlier this year, but did you find a solution to get your Wacom functioning with Photoshop again? The trouble with most of these is that it may be a driver issue or we aren't seeing the behavior here. Would you be interested in doing a screen share with an engineer to troubleshoot your issue? 

Thanks,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate