• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Watermarks rendering darker than preview

Participant ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new release seems to have an issue with watermarks.

What looks still okay in the watermark editor (as it did in previous versions) gets messed up during export, with light color watermark turning to grey.

See attachments.After export.jpgWatermark editor.jpg

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Greetings, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Tuesday night, August 16th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
86 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

default0ok4iu4qy44q - No, this issue has not been resolved yet.

thesimplecreativeco - You're in the right place...that's exactly the problem we are all having. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin24871349yxws Thank you! Yes, that comment was from when my post had been moved to another thread -- the wrong one -- and I haven't figure out how to delete it now that it's in the right place!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. My white watermark (Logo) is now on the grey side and unreadable.I use macOs 10.15 and before the June 14th update, everything worked fine.

I wrote

a previous post and the title was in capital letters. I apologize. I just did not pay attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this as soon as possible, it's really annoying bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program in question would be Adode Lightroom. // El programa en cuestion seria Adode Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest Lightroom update when exporting our photos, the 100% white watermarks appear with a black border that is automatically placed. We have searched if Adobe has added any new option but we have not found any information about it. This problem does not allow us to work properly. This had never happened before. We deleted and recreated the export setting, used a new watermark, but the problem persists. We need help, we have a lot of work to deliver and we can't do it. // Después de la última actualización de Lightroom al exportar nuestras fotos, las marcas de agua 100% blancas aparecen con un filete negro que se coloca automáticamente. Hemos buscado si Adobe ha añadido alguna nueva opción pero no hemos encontrado informacion al respecto. Este problema no nos permite trabajar adecuadamente. Nunca había sucedido esto antes. Eliminamos y volvímos a crear el ajuste de exportacion, usamos una nueva marca de agua, pero el problema persiste. Necesitamos ayuda, tenemos mucho trabajo para entregar y no podemos hacerlo.

SO: Windows 10 PRO 64 bit
Software: Adobe Lightroom 11.4

Screenshot_21.jpgScreenshot_23.jpg

Screenshot_24.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe LR community,

Since the 15th of June my Lightroom Classic behaves differently.

I use a large white logo, with transparency.

Since the 15th of June LR adds an extra black edge to the white logo. This was not the case until the 14th of June.

The input PNG file is the same.

What has changed?

An upgrade has happened to LR to 11.4

Any idea? Thanks for advising!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried with multiple white-transparent png-s and every watermark has the same black border.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a simillar problem. I wanted to use the watermark to add 90´s feeling time and date to the photo. Pictures in comparison: first - what I want it to look like (yes, slightly blurry on purpose), second picture - how Lightroom changes it after it is added.

Mia25062607k26g_0-1656518257902.png

Screenshot_1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to add something to this conversation, it looks like it also happens when the watermark is darker (and indeed doesn't have full opacity):

1st watermark:

As it should look like (in PS)

wm_ps.png

Current export (LR)

wm_lr.png

2nd watermark:

As it should look like (in PS)

wm_ps_2.png

Current export (LR)

wm_lr_2.png

Hope it'll be solved soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well yes. This may seem like a little bug, but unfortunately, I cannot work as long as this is not solved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I have an issue with the lightroom watermark. One day it just magically stopped exporting it correctly. 

I made a png of my Logo and dropped into the water mark. Opacity to 100%! It looked beautiful on all images! Then about two weeks ago the SAME watermark(I changed nothing!) started partially showing up black, looking burned out (image attached, you cant even read the tagline: photo & design) I have no idea what happened, because I didnt change anything!

Since then I have tried reuploading it multiple times, reexporting the logo, deleted the old watermark, made new ones, updated lightroom, reconnected it. NOTHIGN has helped. This looks terrible! 😞 Anyone know an answer to this???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the said LR Classic version, when I am attaching a white watermark from one of our clients, it is rendering darker logo than it should be. This wasn't the case before. I have been watermarking this logo for the last 1.5 years and this is the first time this is happening. 

I am not attaching any screenshots as I am not sure if I should, considering the legal stuff. But the logo is white but now after exporting, it is pretty grey. It even looks like it has a slightly darker stroke. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

latest version11.4.1 on mac has a WATERMARK bug

that when exporting a photo a white PNG text logo watermark, on a colorful background like lemon yellow, will have a BLACK edge

Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 2.06.05 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the watermark png file is pure white without and shadow. but when export will has uglyAliasing black edge with

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it supposed to look like this

Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 2.25.19 pm.png

not as below

Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 2.06.05 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah thanks! hope they fix soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the new LRC update all watermarks that have an alpha channel(transparency) are getting rendered by LRC incorrectly.

However, the watermark editor displays watermarks correctly. Problem with exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention: LrC 11.4, Camera Raw 14.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem! I have tried changing the opacity, exporting a fresh PNG watermark to use, using a different watermark file, changing the size and position, nothing works.

In the preview in LR, there is no border, but as soon as it's exported, there is a thin inside border on the watermark of the exported jpg file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup same issue here. I have a simple white watermark that I reduce the opacity on, and it's adding a thin black/grey border aorund the edge of the text.

watermarkl-lr-issue.jpg

Running LR 11.4

MacOS Monterey 12.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes same issue here since the Lightroom 11.4 update. On MacOS Monterey 12.4

It appears that a thin inner black border is being added to transparent PNG's. This is what it's doing to mine. I cannot export client galleries like this!

watermarkl-lr-issue.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what it's doing to my watermark.

watermarkl-lr-issue.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate