• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Watermarks rendering darker than preview

Participant ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new release seems to have an issue with watermarks.

What looks still okay in the watermark editor (as it did in previous versions) gets messed up during export, with light color watermark turning to grey.

See attachments.After export.jpgWatermark editor.jpg

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Greetings, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Tuesday night, August 16th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
86 Comments
Participant ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is add another aspect of the isuse described in P: Watermarks rendering darker than preview.

I was wondering why the suggested workaround (to not use watermarks with transparency) worked on some images but not on all. Especially for those, where the watermark (white color font) is placed over a bright part of the image. For such images the visual appearance of watermarks looks somehow "crippled".

Now I found that this effect has to do with the fact, whether the image is downsized during export or not. As an illustration see the two images attached. Original full image size is 3876x5178px.

downsized.jpg is a 355x122 watermark crop of a 1078x1440 export from LR 11.4.1

fullsize.jpg is a watermark crop of 3876x5178 export, resized to 355x115 (using IrfanView)

Note the difference in visual appearance. fullsize is "expected behaviour".

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, thats exactly what its doing to mine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay. And are thex going to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't work for Adobe, I can't speak for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In another conversation thread there are IOS users with the same problem... this is not a Windows-exclusive bug. // En otro hilo de conversacion hay usuarios IOS con el mismo problema... esto no es un fallo exclusivo de Windows.

Screenshot_12.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin24871349yxws  In order to continue working I have resorted to a 3rd party program... configure my watermark to be used with Photomechanic. // para poder seguir trabajando he recurrido a un programa de 3eros... configure mi marca de agua para ser usada con Photomechanic. 😞👎

E+D_preBODA-1863-EditarA.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied the white watermark png file to the image corrected by lightroom clack, and the output shows the watermark in black. (It looks good in white in the preview.) Is there a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 weeks since bug confirmed. Status please, Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is a Lightroom issue but thought I would ask if anyone has had the same issue. I recently purchased a new Logo. When I export my photo with the logo out of Lightroom, the white lettering and the round frame has a grey outline and the pink paint splat that is on the logo turns grey.  It looks great in the preview box before I export it and the one I edited in black turns out fine also. Any suggestions how I can fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ciao a tutti. La filigrana sulle mie foto ha un contorno nero ultimamente. Non riesco a capire il problema! L'immagine di filigrana che applico è un logo tutto bianco in PNG.
Non ho mai avuto problemi e non ho possibilità di apportare modifiche in lightroom... il programma crea questo effetto da solo!
Ho provato ad esportare l'immagine ad alta qualità o ad ingrandire il logo sia con photoshop sia in lightroom senza ottenere nessuna differenza.
Sono certo sia un problema del programma!

I'm using a brend new Mac Studio with last OS istallede and last 11.1.1 Lightroom version
Allego foto di esempio!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody. The watermark on my photos has a black outline lately. I can't understand the problem! The watermark image I apply is an all white logo in PNG.
I have never had any problems and I have no possibility to make changes in lightroom ... the program creates this effect by itself!
I tried to export the image in high quality or to enlarge the logo with both photoshop and lightroom without getting any difference.
I'm sure it's a problem with the program!

I'm using a brend new Mac Studio with last OS istallede and last 11.1.4 Lightroom version
I am attaching sample photos!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am interested by this post.  I do have the same problem wit LrC 11.4.1 and MacOS 12.4 Monterey.
My logo has worked perfectly untill last month, certainly when I updated LrC
Thanks for your recommandation
Benoit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new update, my watermark now had a stroke around it. Is there a way to eliminate that?

Screen Shot 2022-07-19 at 11.26.30 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-07-19 at 11.29.06 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No! I have tried many ways… nothing! We must wait an update to solve it! --
Inviato da Gmail Mobile su iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to latest Lighroom Classic version the function to export jpg images with watermark logo is nog longer looking good. My personal white logo that i use looks like it have a dark outline around it. Anybody else have this issue and know how to solve it?

Thanks from Axel Hagstrom, Sweden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, no solutions! Adobe must fix it!--
Inviato da Gmail Mobile su iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two major bugs as of version 11.4.1.

1. Slideshow module is not working. I've spent days trying to fix it, reading all there is on the web to no avail. Last time slideshow worked correctly was with version 9 if memory serves me well. I work with slideshows intensively for my clients and now have to use a 3rd party software. This is unacceptable.

2. Watermarks on exported files are terrible, this has always worked well with previous versions.

Anyone knows if/when Adobe is planning to fix these issues with a new release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crazy that Adobe's taking so long to fix issues - it's been 8 weeks since
they confirmed the watermark bug.

I was able to work it by rolling LR Classic back to version 11.3.1. From
Adobe Creative Cloud control panel, select Lightroom Classic, then the
ellipsis (3 dots) to the right of the blue Open button, then Other
Versions. I first tried rolling back to 11.4, but that also had the
watermark bug.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Tuesday night, August 16th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I was having this exact issue with my white watermarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waiting for the update to arrive (because I haven't received anything yet), it has taken a long time to solve such a basic thing, but extremely important for those of us who work and trust this software. // Esperando que llegue la actualizacion (pues aun no he recibido nada), ha llevado mucho tiempo solucionar una cosa tan basica, pero sumamente importante para quienes trabajamos y confiamos en este software. 🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least for me and my (rather simple and uniform) application of semi-transparent watermarks, things seems to be back to normal with the new release. Glad, this one has been fixed, even if Adobe has been truly testing our patience. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe took its time to make this correction, but the solution came at last... // Adobe se tomo su tiempo 🥱 para realizar esta corrección, pero la solción llego al fin...

P+N_BODA-3723-3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate