• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Watermarks rendering darker than preview

Participant ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new release seems to have an issue with watermarks.

What looks still okay in the watermark editor (as it did in previous versions) gets messed up during export, with light color watermark turning to grey.

See attachments.After export.jpgWatermark editor.jpg

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Greetings, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Tuesday night, August 16th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
86 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing this issue on LrC 11.4 and MacOS 12.4.  I created a white lettered transparent PNG to use as a graphic watermark and it exported the correct color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Karsten.G 

What OS are you using?  Windows or Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it is a Windows issue.  If you create a new temporary watermark PNG does it do the same thing.  If you create a test one that has the issue and post a link to the file I would test it on my Mac.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Bob. Here is the original file I'm using. It still worked properly when I published an image to Flickr yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used your PNG watermark and it appears there is transparency in the text of the PNG and that the background is showing through.  A closeup of the text of the exported image shows the following.

Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 3.39.36 PM.jpg

There is definately a differnce in the Watermark Preview and the Exported file

Left is display in Watermark Editor, Middle is Export and right is your PNG

Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 3.39.45 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I redid my test watermark and created the text in a light gray like your watermark.  The display in LrC Watermark Editor and the Exported file watermark look exactly the same.  

Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 4.01.41 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-06-14 at 4.03.30 PM.jpg

There appears to be a issue in how the watermark is displayed in the WaterMark Editor and the Exported file for graphical watermarks that already have text transparancy in the PNG file.  I don't know if this is a bug or an odd design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same issue on Mac OS 12.4 (Monterrey).  Images exported this morning before I upgraded have the correct watermark.  Exporting after the upgrade to LR classic 11.4 results in a desaturated/grey watermark.

Before upgrade

https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/121728848

After upgrade to LR 11.4

https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/121784405

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is a bug. Thank you for letting us know. We will look into this issue. 

Venkatesh Penjuri
Adobe Lightroom Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm definitely seeing this issue too with the new version of Lightroom Classic. All of my saved watermarks that have worked correctly for years are suddenly dim and grey after photo export. I have tried uploading new watermark graphics and playing with the settings but same issue...everything just converts to a barely visible grey. Adobe - Please look into this ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime, is there any way I can revert from LrC 11.4 to a previous version of LrC so that I can continue working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your new watermark graphic should work correctly if your text in Photoshop has zero transparancy as I have shown above. Then you can adjust the opacity in Lightroom Watermark Editor. You can also revert to 11.3.1 in the creative cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this, but Lightroom seems to be slightly modifying my font and spacing on the incoming watermark image (perhaps tied to using the native opacity slider since I was not having this issue either before?). It's close, but still not quite right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting status - adding bug number

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to 11.4, my watermark is grey instead of white. And it didn't show up on some of the images I exported from the same batch. I have tried to create a new watermark, but have the same results. I am not doing anything different than before. I don't know what else to try. Please help! The first image is the problem (gray watermark), the second image is what my result was prior to updating. Mac OS Big Sur 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks correct at this point, but when I export the graphic part turns gray. Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - I know it's early, but do you have any feeling yet on how easy it will be to track down and correct this bug? I ask because if you think it may not be resolved for months or more, I'm going to have to look into designing and testing a new watermark (which will take some time - I already tried a slight modification of my current one and it did not come out looking correct after export). However, if you think this bug may be resolved within a couple weeks, I'm just going to hold off on further editing/exporting and not waste that time designing a new one, as I like my current watermark and would prefer to just keep using it. Thanks for any insight you can provide!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Same watermark worked fine about two weeks ago.

The preview shows it correct, but when I export it is much darker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depuis la version 11.4 de Lightroom CC, l'apparence des signatures est dégradée. Soucis secondaire, toutes signatures en presets ne retrouvent plus le chemin vers mes PNG alors que rien n'a bougé.

Avant la mise à jour :

Demoiselle d'étang.jpg

Après la msie à jour en 11.4 :

P1153459.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since my Lightroom has updated to the latest version my watermark exports black when it show up on lightroom as yellow. I have a 2021 macbook pro m1. Is there a way to fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic Version 11.4

Windows 10 Home 21H1

Since the update my white watermarks are rendering with a grey halo or outline that makes the watermark nearly unreadable. It looks fine in the preview window. To reproduce:

Step 1: Make a white graphical watermark using a transparent .PNG file

Step 2: Export a photo and select the white graphic watermark

Lightroom should export the photo with a clear white watermark (as shown at the very bottom of this report), but instead is exporting the watermark with a grey outline or halo (as shown immdiately below)

Screenshot 2022-06-24 14.12.58.png

angela-photo-exported-06242022.jpg

Screenshot 2022-06-24 14.24.11.png

For reference - here is a photo I exported on April 27, 2022 using the same method (that I've been using for years with no problem), and it worked perfectly. But today I am getting the same results as above with both my old files and presets and all new files and presets.

angela-photo-exported-04272022.jpg

Screenshot 2022-06-24 14.23.54.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the dark watermark issue fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My post was moved to this thread but I am NOT having a display/preview problem. I am having a rendering problem. The watermark looks fine in the preview on LIghtroom. It is the resulting exported photo that has the grey outline or halo with the watermark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the last update when exporting my photos the 100% white watermarks appear with a black border that is placed automatically. I have searched if Adobe added any new option in this regard but I have not found anything, and that ruins the image that I want to show. This has never happened before, I deleted and recreated the setting, using a new watermark, but everything is still the same. Giving a bad appearance and complicating the reading of our brand. // Despues de la ultima actualizacion al exportar mis fotos las marcas de agua 100% blancas aparecen con un filete negro que se coloca automaticamente. He buscado si Adobe agrego alguna nueva opcion al respecto pero no he encontrado nada, y eso arruima la imagen que quiero mostrar. Esto nunca habia pasaodo antes, borre y volvi a crear el ajuste, utilizando una nueva marca de agua, pero todo sigue igual. Dando mal aspecto y complicando la lectura de nuestra marca.Screenshot_21.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you post a question you always need to tell the Adobe program you are using
There are MANY programs in a full subscription, plus other non-subscription programs
Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate