Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (Win/Mac) Lightroom Classic 12.0 Unable to export: Watermarking Failed

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aneta26658422d9k2_0-1666099983886.png

Hello, I have a problem with export my pictures after update Adobe Lightroom classic catalog. I´m not using watermark. So, I can´t understand this failer error. Can anybody help me please? 

{Title updated by moderator}

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Hi, I just exported a bunch of jpgs and PSDs no problem.

SO have you tried the solutions that have worked for others? I am retyping them here:

Ensure there are no stale preferences in Lightroom. Reset Lightroom Classic's preferences by following the steps in this article (I prefer using method 2): https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

If the issue exists, please go to the following location & back up your Watermark presets.

Go to Preferences > Pres

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Thanks for sharing the inputs.

Ensure there are no stale preferences in Lightroom. Reset Lightroom Classic's preferences by following the steps in this article (I prefer using method 2): https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

If the issue exists, please go to the following location & back up your Watermark presets.

Thanks to @johnrellis - Go to Preferences > Presets and click Show All Other Lightroom Presets. That will open Finder / File Explorer in

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Lightroom 12.0.1 was released today and contains a fix for this issue. Please refresh your Adobe Creative Cloud App ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]) and download the updated version.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 214 Replies 214
214 Comments
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightrooom all of a sudden unable to export files. Very frustrating as I’m on deadline!

Got the LRC message today “Unable to export: You have not chosen an application to open the files” – won’t export any files whether jpeg or raw. The Plug-in manager click- box shows the file is enabled and version is version … -8dc50eb4   - error message capture below

LRC won’t export any files including images previously-exported 10 days ago without any issues.

LRC has had latest updates via CreativeClud and showing up to date, windows 10, I Have checked and all images are in the designated folder (my workflow is good). Exporting worked fine as recently as 48 hours ago  – have never seen this message before

What ‘s going on? How do I fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bottom of the Export dialog box in the Post Processing panel, is "Do Nothing" selected? Or something else that would require an application to be involved?

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kenneth the screenshot of the error message and the plug-in manager lin are attached below. here's no indication of what to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AusiTony  You didn't answer my question, What is selected in the Post Processing panel at the VERY bottom of the Export screen?

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AusiTony I'm not familiar with the plug in you are using. Perhaps someone else will be able to offer a clue.

I it was me, I would reset LrC preferences and re-install the plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just grabbing at ideas here. Does the destination subfolder "small" actually exist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you somehow bring up the export dialog, without selecting a photo (or photos)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the export dialog, for destination, try actually selecting a specific destination, instead of same as originals, even if .

Just try as a workaround.

oh, and  see: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-won-t-let-me-export-my-photos/m-p/8931877

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yes, I failed to notice in your attachments, that you probably did select a photo. Many if us fellow members DO NOT TRUST attachments. Instead, use the insert photos button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, actually looking at your last attachment, despite my mistrust, I notice at the bottom:

Unable to export: You have not chosen an application to open the files.

Hmm, what version of LrC? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

GoldingD_0-1624160573162.jpeg

GoldingD_1-1624160573163.png

GoldingD_2-1624160573164.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answering KR Seal's original question would have identified the cause of the problem.  In the Export window, scroll the options panel to the bottom and look at the the Post-Processing section:

johnrellis_0-1624230809257.png

Change After Export to Do Nothing and the problem should go away.  

Plugins and the Plug-in Manager are unrelated to this problem -- it just happens that the error message is displayed above the Plug-in Manager button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you KR Seals.  I had the same problem and the recent upgrade to version 11, I had upgraded my collection to version 11 from version 10 and it clobbered my Post-Processing "After Export: Show in Explorer" selection and changed it to "After Export: Open in other application" which blocked me from Exporting because I didn't have any other application configured.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export an image with no watermark (the check box in export setting is unchecked). When  I hit export there's a pop up showing "Unable to Export: Watermarking falied). Any idea what am I missing? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Initial troubleshooting:

1. Are you using an Export preset to do the export?  If so, create a new version of the preset from scratch.  Rarely LR will corrupt an existing preset.

2. Do you accidentally have two presets checked for export?  It will tell you in the lower-left corner of the Export window:

johnrellis_0-1666062683712.png

3. If the option Preferences > Performance > Use GPU For Export is checked, uncheck it. It's only recently that LR started using the graphics processor for exporting, and there have been some bugs with it;

4. Try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Lightroom Community. I'll need more info to help you with this.

Where are the original images stored & where are you exporting to? Does export work when destined to the internal drive?

Please share a screenshot of the export settings you are using.

Does this only happen with NEF Raw images?

Please try the export operation with the following suggestions.

1. Go to Lightroom Classic > Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor > Set to 'Custom' > Select 'Use GPU for Export'

You can test export with the GPU & without the GPU (Disable the GPU altogether by setting 'Use Graphics Processor' to OFF from Custom or Auto)

Let me know how it goes,

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to bypass the problem. I didn't solve it, I just deceived it.
Virtually having no watermark in the export gives me an error, so I put a blank one and deceived him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Giovanni,

We're interested to know more about your workflow.

Could you please provide the information I have asked for above & also record your screen while the issue occurs & how do you bypass it & share it with us?

We hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same here:

screenshot lightroom.png

I don't even have watermark selected, don't know what to do. I've downgraded to the previous version and it's ok. Same settings. Any help appreciated thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My reply has disappeared. I've the same problem using the same settings as previous versions which obviously worked well. 

I use Sony raw file and export to the same folder of the originals in my hard drive. I've tried your suggestions but nothing seems to work for me.

screenshot lightroom.png

scc.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out with the screenshots. Could you please share the System info from Lightroom > Help > System Info with a couple of sample RAW images & also record your screen while the issue occurs with me via direct message?

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is in the export watermark.
If there is no check mark watermark does not export. Maybe it's a version bug, not like that.
If you check the watermark and don't want a watermark, you create an empty text one and so the export starts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do all of you have diacritical marks somewhere in the file path? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand what they are, I don't have any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the inputs.

Thanks to @johnrellis - Go to Preferences > Presets and click Show All Other Lightroom Presets. That will open Finder / File Explorer in the "Lightroom" settings folder. The "Watermarks" subfolder contains all the presets (.lrtemplate files).  Move them to your desktop and restart Lightroom Classic.

This should help,

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate