• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: x keyboard shortcut is assigned to two functions in Library module [Swedish language]

LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR 2015.7 the "X" key is assigned to two functions in the library module:

• Reject photo (Foto/Ange flagga/Avvisad)
  • Show info (Visa/Format för stödrastervisning/Visa information)

Now, this is a total screw-up since the X (=Reject) function is SUPERIMPORTANT to every workflow. Unfortunately, when you press X the other function has priority. Luckily, Shift-X still works to reject a photo and jump to next.

My guess is that this is only in the Swedish version (any maybe some other obscure languages) or you'd have a huge mob right outside 345 Park Avenue in San Jose.

Come on Adobe! Just have an intern check the keyboard shortcuts before you release! Or even better, give us shortcut customization. Arrrgh... 😞

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017
This appears to be fixed in CC 2015.9 / 6.9.  The release notes say only that it was fixed for French, but examining the TranslatedStrings.txt file, it looks like it was fixed for Swedish too.   Please post here if 2015.9 / 6.9 doesn't fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
21 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Our localization folks are looking into this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2016 Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. We run a Scandinavian training site for Lightroom. We're getting questions about this one in all channels we have - Facebook, email, phone, forum etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can work around this bug by editing the file TranslatedStrings.txt, changing this line:
"$$$/AgLibrary/Menu/View/GridViewStyle/ShowExtras/Key=Kommando+skift+x"

to this line:

"$$$/AgLibrary/Menu/View/GridViewStyle/ShowExtras/Key=Cmd+Shift+x"

See this article for how to edit TranslatedStrings.txt.

This appears to be bug in the code that interprets TranslatedStrings.txt, rather than in the file itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Or even better, give us shortcut customization."

That's a popular request.  Please make it more popular by adding your vote and opinion to this feature request: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/custom_keyboard_shortcuts_in_lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if this should be in another thread, but last August I had a similar situation with Shift+J (rotate image left). It stopped working in the Library module (but works fine in Develop), while Shift+M still works (rotate right). This problem still persists and I haven't got any help from other forums. The problem is again in the Swedish version of LR. I am working on a Macbook Pro with El Capitain.

Any hints/tips/workarounds what to fix in the translation file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem with x key swedish version 2015.7 on MacOs Sierra. Seen more postings with same problem on Swedish forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...last August I had a similar situation with Shift+J (rotate image left). It stopped working in the Library module (but works fine in Develop), while Shift+M still works (rotate right). This problem still persists..."

Something screwy is happening with how LR interprets the Swedish translation file. As a workaround, change this line in TranslatedStrings.txt:
"$$$/AgLibrary/Menu/Photo/RotateLeft/Key=Shift+j"

to this line:

"$$$/AgLibrary/Menu/Photo/RotateLeft/Key=Shift+p"

That changes the shortcut for rotate left to Shift + P, which works on my CC 2015.7 / OS X 10.11.5.  See this article for how to edit TranslatedStrings.txt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you John 🙂

- That actually worked, but what a hassle! I've SPENT HOURS trying to solve this, time better spent on editing photos... I gather I also have to do a backup on this file each time there's an update to LR? Arghhh....

My humble suggestion: PLEASE Adobe, fix this bug for next update!

Editing files inside LR app is crazy: I pay a lot of money for my Creative Cloud... 
But now I did, 'cause: Hitting Shift+x to reject photos is also crazy, takes forever! 

Also, I wish Adobe would tell all their support agents that this problem exists, so we don't need to have them poking around in our computers through remote control support for more than an hour without successs. 

Keeping my faith in Adobe, for now... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem. Uppdated and still have a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is a update planned for the "x" issue in Lightroom. Not everyone wants to edit in configuration files in a supported application. This is a major issue !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theres no reason why Adobe can't push tiny fixes like this via CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2015.8 fixed the x key for me. Finaly, took way to long time to fix this. Adobe should really look in to a more agile workflow for bug fixes. Better yet don't release things with this kind of bugs if you don't have the ability to correct it fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this does not work anymore. since they switched from "TranslatedStrings.txt" to a individually localized version like "TranslatedStrings_Lr_de_DE.txt". I used this trick to use the english version of Lightroom but have the German keyboard shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with french version , Mac Os Sierra. Last Update Lightroom 2015.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shortcut X is assigned to show Extra and Reject Photo. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify for others, editing TranslatedStrings doesn't work for LR running in English on Mac in CC 2015.8 / 6.8.  It does work for LR running in English on Windows, and it works for all other languages on both Mac and Windows.  See this bug report: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-translatedstrings-lr-en-us-txt-not-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For French and Dutch, please see this separate bug report: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lr-2015cc-8-short-cut-x-to-reject-an-image-in...  If you me-too and follow that topic, workarounds will be posted there, and you'll get updates when Adobe fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merging with another topic.

Please reference the new conversation here: French x shortcut

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be fixed in CC 2015.9 / 6.9.  The release notes say only that it was fixed for French, but examining the TranslatedStrings.txt file, it looks like it was fixed for Swedish too.   Please post here if 2015.9 / 6.9 doesn't fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for this info, John! 
- The x keyboard shortcut does work for Swedish version (CC 2015.9 / 6.9) as well! 
Happy! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate