• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop & Lightroom GUI Flickers when resizing window

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When resizing the Photoshop GUI on a Windows 10 machine, the GUI flickers rapidly. This behavior occurs only when an image is open in the canvas. There is no flickering of the GUI when an image is NOT open.

Can anyone advise me on how to prevent this.  I can still work in Photoshop, it's just annoying. The same behavior occurs in Lightroom.

I've run tests on a Mac, and it does not exhibit this behavior.

Other image editing software on my Windows 10 does not behave in this manner.

Thanks in advance.

Here are my machine and OS specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4008 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 31.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 24.8 GB
Total Virtual Memory 36.7 GB
Available Virtual Memory 24.3 GB
Page File Space 4.75 GB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you.  Have you tried pshop -- it's happening in it as well?  Also, what is the outcome of logging a bug?  Does this mean the problem will be resolved in an upcoming update, and if so, when would it likely happen?  Sorry for asking so many questions in a single post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to repro on Lightroom and have logged a bug with the team. Thanks for your report. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem now appears to be intermittent:
When I opened Lightroom to check the version number, I noticed it no longer seemed to be exhibiting this behavior.  I selected an image from Lightroom and right-clicked 'edit in' Photoshop.  Photoshop launched, and also did not show signs of the described behavior.  However, after opening another file, Photoshop's UI started flickering again when resizing the UI!?  I suspect, before long, Lightroom will do the same.  Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic version: 7.5 [ 1186149 ]
Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.5 20180604.r.346 2018/06/04: 1175273  x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to verify your Lightroom version. Can you go to Help>System ... and get your exact installed version number and put it in your reply?
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines