• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom 4 requires Camera Raw 7.0

LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2012 Mar 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR4 uses Camera Raw version 7.0. (it says so on the about plate). However there is no CR 7.0 available for PS. The PS: Help->Update says all up to date - there is no option to install CR7 that is required and warned about when "Edit in PS" is selected in LR4.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 26, 2012 Mar 26, 2012
As Chris states earlier on, the dialog should have pointed users of Photoshop CS5 to Camera Raw 6.7 and pointed users of Photoshop CS6 to Camera Raw 7.0 once it became available (and has become available since the initial LR4 release):

Camera Raw 6.7 (currently available on Adobe Labs: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/ca... ) provides compatibility between Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS5. The final release of Camera Raw 6.7 through the Adobe update mechanism will be available in the very near f...

Votes

Translate

Translate
28 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2012 Mar 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same deal. No way to find this plug in either. Googling like mad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should say Camera Raw 6.7. Sorry for the confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to use Camera Raw 6.7 Release Candidate

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2012 Mar 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just about sums up this release of LR. It's asking for stuff that doesn't even exist. I'm using 6.7 and I'm still getting this message.

FFS, the more I try to use LR 4 the more frustrated I get but I'm hoping with the myriad problems being cited here Adobe will get on with a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2012 Mar 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im working in LR4 for this big company (Cant say) and LR 4 doesn't work well with Photoshop and i have a dead line please adobe make this work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 17, 2012 Mar 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fyou have deadlines to meet and serious work to get done, go back to 3.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2012 Mar 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with LR4, except with the added affect that if I "open anyway!" CS5.1 crashes! I reget upgrading from LR3 to LR4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2012 Mar 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go from LR4 to CS5 I get a notice "This version of Lightroom may require the photoshop camera raw plug-in version 7.0 for full capability." Subsequently, I learned 7.0 is not out yet and I should install 6.7. Done however, I still get the aforementioned message. I don't follow some of the comments on the forum and need someone to dumb it down for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2012 Mar 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Chris states earlier on, the dialog should have pointed users of Photoshop CS5 to Camera Raw 6.7 and pointed users of Photoshop CS6 to Camera Raw 7.0 once it became available (and has become available since the initial LR4 release):

Camera Raw 6.7 (currently available on Adobe Labs: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/ca... ) provides compatibility between Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS5. The final release of Camera Raw 6.7 through the Adobe update mechanism will be available in the very near future.

Camera Raw 7.0 (currently available on Adobe Labs as party of the Photoshop CS6 beta: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/ph... ) provides seamless compatibility between Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS6. The final release of Photoshop CS6 will be available later this spring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I install CR 6.7 how do I make Lightroom 4 use that rather than process in Lightroom with the creation of a Tif file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right Click and select "Edit in Photoshop CS5"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still uses the lightroom conversion and creates a tif filerather than going straight to PS5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok figured it out now, its because I set CS5 as a user edit program following the install of CS6 beta which has set itself as the default editing program which I can't seem to change. However if I have CS5 already open them clicking edit in CS6 takes it to the open CS5 - go figure, not as I would have expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be an issue with LR4/PsCS5 workflow due to the fact that LR4 uses ACR 7, which is not available for CS5. What this means is that you've released a major product from your suite that introduces a significant glitch with workflow with the latest available version of another product in your suite, and you can't spin that as anything other than a glaring flaw. Opening in Lightroom is not a viable option, as that creates a potentially unwanted file immediately. Obviously, waiting for CS6 is not a viable option, especially since an upgrade will presumably cost about $200 and we don't even know when it will be available... Several users have been told to download ACR 6.7, but this does not correct all reported issues and directing your users to utilize a version of camera raw that's still in beta is not acceptable. No matter how you spin this, you've released a major component of your suite that is not compatible with the latest version of another major component of your suite. Anything less than an immediate release of ACR 7 for CS5 is a failure to address this issue--it's beyond unimaginable that users who are leveraging about $800 worth of your products are experiencing very basic workflow issues. Please let us know when this will be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam,

Lightroom is not and never has been part of any Adobe Suite. It has never carried a CS designation. I have never seen it written or heard it implied that PS and LR would always be in lock step and backward compatible. There is no need to spin this.

A significant portion of the Lightroom user base does not use Photoshop. Many use Elements or non-Adobe branded product. Of those who do use Photoshop, not all are using CS5 or later. This means a host of LR users are unaffected by this lack of seamless data interchange.

If you do use Photoshop and are unwilling to upgrade to CS6 you have avenues available via the Free DNG Converter, or Rendering in Lightroom to continue working. Yes, it will cost you some hard drive space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're completely missing the point. Whether or not LR is part of the CS suite is completely irrelevant. Adobe included functionality that simply does not work as it is intended and the work-arounds offered are unacceptable. I don't know how to make that any clearer.

This was incredibly sloppy implementation, and incredibly sloppy support, and frankly, fanbois coming to Adobe's defense with straw man defenses isn't terribly helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve installed Camera Raw 6.7 (as I have CS5 installed on my computer) to see if this fixes the problem; but sadly I can report that LR4 still has the same problem, throwing up a dialog each and every time: “This version of Lightroom.... Please update the Camera Raw...” Personally I think this is extremely poor of Adobe to require you to upgrade to CS6/CameraRaw7 if you want to use LR4 without the drama; or is it simply that Adobe isn’t even doing the most basic compatibility testing of their current software.

No "Don't show again" option; makes working in LR4 a pain!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try LR 4.1 RC, I think it doesn't warn, anymore, about ACR 6.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to use LR4, yet, if you find the integration and workarounds unacceptable. I would expect things to work better with the final release of ACR 6.7 and LR4.1. Those that do not have a cross-product dependency are happy to see a new version of LR4 sooner rather than later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded LR4.1 but when I try to edit in CS5 the LR adjustments are not transferred over. The "Edit with LR adjustments" dialgue box came up the first time I tried "Edit in CS5" but not since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have ACR 6.7 RC installed, also?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, Steve, for the exact same advice you offered several weeks ago. Not only is the suggestion that I avoid the product still incredibly helpful, but probably also much appreciated by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 4.1 RC + PS CS5 (12.0.4) + ACR 6.7 RC, no CS6 on the system, works as it should for me on Windows 7 32-bit.

In other words: Edit in Photoshop CS5 on a RAW file in LR4.1 RC brings up PS-CS5 and says it's reading the RAW format, and opens the image in PS-CS5 that looks the same as in LR4.1 RC. No intermediate file or popups or other unexpected things.

Votes

Translate

Translate