Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Process of building 1:1 previews stalls

3 Votes
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently tried to verify integrity of my 50000+ images by discarding all old 1:1 previews and rebuilding new ones. However, on my most recent images – shot in 2018 and 2019 – the process of building new previews stalled at some point and the application froze. I’ve since been able elucidate which were the trouble-some mages: a couple of .mov files from 2018 and then all 2018 and later shot DJI drone video files made the process stall. No earlier video files caused the process to stall. Contrary, Lightroom reported previews to have been built.

My workaround to still verify all still images was finally by excluding the 2018 and later video files from the preview building.

Is this a bug? What to do about it? Building new 1:1 previews of all files are after all the best way of verifying their integrity, if I've understood things correctly.

Would you need copies of any of the troublesome video file?

All best from Sweden,

Bosse
Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Desktop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Engaged ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same issue. Thank's for pointing out video files caused this. I've done some tests and it also fails on .mp4 files. I'm just filtering out images from videos before rendering 1:1 previews.
Any ETA for a fix ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is this issue still happening with Lightroom Classic 9.4?

Smit
Lightroom Classic Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the rendering of 1:1 previews stil stalls when a .mov file is in the selection.

I can't help being surprised of
1) Adobe not being able to test this out. It's not like it's difficult to replicate as you only need  one image and one .mov file.
2) The dalay with with this issue is handled, having this issue reported one year ago, being acknowledged, updates released without fixing the issue. This leads to wonder what kind of QA Adobe has in place and where the priorities lies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue was reported in 2019, LR 10 has been released but didn't fix this bug. WHEN can we expect a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines