Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Überschärfung der Bilder nach Export

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo zusammen,

ich habe leider neuerdings das Problem. dass nach meinem Export (gleicher Bearbeitungsstil bzw. gleiche Einstellungen bei der Bearbeitung und beim Export und nie verändert) die Bilder völlig überschärft und körnig werden.

Beispiele anbei (zuerst das überschärfte, dann das Original)

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-11 um 20.20.26.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-11 um 20.22.52.png

Hat jemand eine Ahnung, woran das liegen könnte. Posten beispielsweise bei Instagram ist so leider auch nicht möglich....

Danke und Grüße

Marcus

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately I have the problem lately. that after my export (same editing style or settings during editing and export and never changed) the images become completely oversharpened and grainy.

Does anyone have any idea why this could be the case? Posting on Instagram, for example, is unfortunately not possible...

Are you applying output sharpening in the Export dialog?

In what application are you viewing the exported image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No there is no output sharpening..

I checked it on the mobile Phone and Instagram, unfortunaly there it is the bad qualitiy. If i open it "normally" on the Mac with the viewer then it is the normal quality...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the problem is only on your phone?

Can you post the full size exported image here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it is the same at the PC..  

IMG_1676-Bearbeitet-Bearbeitet.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is a crop of the image at 100%, which reveals that it is oversharpened and very noisy.

Always evaluate sharpening and noise at 100% view, and always apply sharpening and noise reduction at 100% view. (200% will work better if you have a Retina screen)

This is the only magnification that gives you a true impression of the image, because one image pixel is displayed by one screen pixel. Any other magnification will be inaccurate and misleading because the image has been scaled.

If you are posting the image full size (8192 x 5464) on Instagram, it's possible that it looks bad because of some scaling algorithm. I don't use Instagram, so I can't say for sure.

But it looks fairly good when I resize it to 2000 px width in Photoshop.

The over sharpening and noise is no doubt caused by the way you have processed the image in Lightroom.

If you don't mind sharing the raw file, I could take a look at it. Export as DNG, which will include all your edits.

Then try to attach the DNG (box at the bottom of the Reply box), if that doesn't work, use Dropbox or some other file sharing service.

image_2022-02-12_113457.png

image_2022-02-12_112307.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course you are right, the picture has oversharpness. But it is the way i edit my pictures since years and it was never a problem like at the moment. So it is my opinion, that less sharpness could be the solution. So i check the DNG for you later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, here you geht the dng file with my settings: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wdtbz1023yt8exp/IMG_1676.dng?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DNG is less sharp and less noisy than the jpg you posted previously, so you must have applied sharpening when exporting the jpg, or otherwise sharpened it. Make sure that Output sharpening is unchecked in the Export dialog.

If I export a jpg with output sharpening set to Matte paper, High, I get a result very similar to your jpg.

This stresses the importance of viewing the image (original and export) at 100% to get a true impression of the image.

image_2022-02-15_190841.png 

Here is my version of the image, the only thing I changed was the sharpening, from 57 - 1.2 - 41 - 30

to 50 - 1.0 - 50 - 70. Make sure to view at 100%.

The image is still a little noisy, this is because it's underexposed (Exposure + 0,95 and Shadows + 90).

The Masking slider (which I set to 70) prevents noise in flat areas from being sharpened.

Hold down the Alt key while dragging the slider – white areas will be sharpened, black areas will be protected.

IMG_1676-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other settings are not interesting for my problem. I have no export sharp-settings, i already told it in my first text. Just the normal settings like years, nothing changed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to your jpg's metadata, it has not been exported from Lightroom, but the raw file has been processed in Camera Raw, then saved as a Tiff, opened in Photoshop, and then saved as a jpg.

When saved as a Tiff, there is an option to add output sharpening.

The metadata also contains references to PhotoMechanic, where it also might have been sharpened.

Whatever happened, there is no doubt that the image has received additional sharpening at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the steps are all right. But i have looked for the settings, i never found a "special" sharpness option. So it's the way i always edit my pictures.

The weird thing i found out yesterday is, that the pictures are oversharpen at my Mac and my Instagram, but the same picture was completely okay by a try with a friends Macbook and Instagram. I don't really understand...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to examine your workflow very carefully.

I am convinced that you are applying sharpening somewhere, there is no other possibility. Look at the jpg I exported compared to your jpg.

I have mentioned this several times before, and it is so important that I'll say it once more:

View the image at 100%.

Do this after every step in your workflow, and you will be able to tell if sharpening has been applied in the previous step.

As for the image looking OK on your friend's Macbook –

This could happen because the screen is less sharp, and/or the image has been scaled to a factor where a lot of smoothing is applied. When an image is scaled, various amounts of sharpening and smoothing will be applied.

Again, view the image at 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can repeat myself too: The view at the Image at 100% ist NOT the solution. This is another problem! I never had these problem, so why should it be a problem now?

So i just find out, that the export with the "normal" Lightroom is okay at the image, but not in Lightroom Classic...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see such a problem in the past.

In a first step I would try to reset the preferences of Lightroom Classic:  https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Backup your preferences prior to resetting the preferences: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html

Which export settings do you use?

Which Lightroom version do you use?

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay i will try it. But i never changed anything in these settings. 

I always use(d) the newest version of Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had a look at the DNG file provided by the Author. The first thing I attempted was to engage a lens profile. LrC auto selected an Adobe Created lens profile which had the effect of brightning the overall image. See the screen capture which compares the difference. The Histogram also changes, no other settings were changed Basic or otherwise.

The profile choosen was Adobe ( Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM A012, Canon.) I am not aware if that was actually the lens used.

Screenshot 2022-02-15 at 4.13.15 PM.png 

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wish to make additional observations I experienced when I imported the DNG file to LrC, the editsk were not automatically applied and I had to utilize the read metadata from the file for them to be applied. I expected this to happen automatically at initial import.

I later opened the DNG file directly in Photoshop and the image was displayed in the ACR dialog as expected with the edits applied.

I do not have the option to " Automatically write to XMP " selected in LrC but expect XMP to be applied at import.

Note, the issue stated in this post was solved by me resetting the LrC Preferences.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the lens is the right one, the profile is correct. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines