• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

1 Time Purchase of Lightroom Mac Not Working

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the 1 Time Purchase of Lightroom in 2016. In 2019 I had a problem with opening the application on my Mac and customer support was able to access my computer and update the application and get me back to work. I am having a similar issue and now they say they can not help me and told me about this "community" that will be able to help. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Provide details. Don't tell us you have "a similar issue", provide the details, explain what you are trying to do, explain what happens, explain the issue, provide the exact word-for-word error message.

Also, please state the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom. Please state the exact version NUMBER of your operating system. We need the version NUMBERs and not words like "latest" or "up-to-date".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

version number is 1149743. it has a purple flower when it opens. when i click the lightroom application, it does not open. instead, it bounces and then a seperate adobe application manager app opens and says "sign in required". i do not have an adobe account, nor any purchase or product tied to an adobe account so i can't sign into anything. i am unable to open my lightroom appplication. i can provide my serial number as well as my order number if those are needed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 is listed somewhere. but this was purchased in 2016, updated in 2017, and then again in august of 2019. im not sure if that info helps. i was able to use lightroom until 3 days ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you upgraded your Mac or bought a new Mac since 2019? Lightroom 6 no longer works on the newest Macs or most current version of macOS, so it will help to know which version of macOS you are using (such as macOS 10.14.6 Mojave, or macOS 12.1 Monterey).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ohh thats a good observation, i wonder if my mac just updated. it is on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I think Lightroom 6 should run on that system, so I’m not sure what is going on and hope someone else can give you a better answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"it is on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6"

LR 6 should run on that.

"I purchased the 1 Time Purchase of Lightroom in 2016....when i click the lightroom application, it does not open. instead, it bounces and then a seperate adobe application manager app opens and says "sign in required"."

It sounds like your installation of LR 6 is in "subscription mode", asking you to sign in. (LR 6 offered both perpetual licensing and subscriptions, with the same installation.)

Do you have your serial number for LR 6?  If you purchased it directly from Adobe.com, you can retreive the number by signing into your Adobe account at Adobe.com and going to Plans And Payment > Products.  Then download and reinstall LR 6 and enter the serial number following these instructions:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/update-lightroom-6-0-to-6-14/m-p/108193... 

If you don't have the serial number, I think you're out of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i do have the serial number. it says its already registered on a different account i just don't know how that is possible. so visiting the above link should allow me to reinstall it with my serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"so visiting the above link should allow me to reinstall it with my serial number?"

Yes. The freshly downloaded and installed LR 6 will be a free trial of the subscription version, and there's a link to an article that tells you how to "serialize" that free trial by entering the serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was able to download and install LR6. when i put in my serial number, it says that the license has expired when i look at the preferences under lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please do this:

1. Do Help > System Info and copy/paste the first 25 lines here.

2. Post a screenshot showing the message about the license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines