• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

12.0.1 LRC for PC installed yesterday and suddenly VERY slow

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed 12.0 on Wednesday or Thursday and all was fine.  12.0.1 came out yesterday and I installed it.  Suddenly all processes in LRC are extremely slow.  I uninstalled the app, - rebooted the computer, installed the app from the CC app and, again, rebooted the computer.  I find no notes regarding the issue.

Windows 11, LRC 12.0.1

Anybody else having an issue?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Lightroom Classic community. I'd be happy to help you figure this out.

Do you work with a multi-monitor setup? Could you please share a screenshot or video recording of this behavior? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

To begin troubleshooting, go to Lightroom Classic > Edit > Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor > Set it to Off if it is on Custom or Auto. If this shows you any differences, please check this article to troubleshoot the GPU further: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

Let me know if this helps,

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sameer,

Thanks for the ideas.  I have downloaded the suggested reading.  I do use two monitors and, once I started looking through things, the first think I notice was that Windows apparently back-dated my graphics card driver in the last update.  Seems strange but I can't think of any other way it could have happened as I use the GeForce Experience app to keep it up-to-date.  I had installed the current driver about two months ago and found the driver that was now3 installed was from 1 1/2 years ago.  Re-installing the current driver and re-optimizing the graphics setup helped.

It did not, however, fix things.  I am still much slower than I was before that last update came out.  I am working on a project and am able to muddle through under the current conditions and, once I finish it, I can go over the rest of the troubleshooting guide you referenced.

Thanks again for your assistance.  I will let you know how it all works out.  

Best,

Verne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing lots of people having major issues due to old plugins being installed that suddenly gobble up all the computer's memory afer the update. Check your plugin manager. You can disable some and see if that fixes things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jao,
Thanks. I believe all are up to date. The only plug-ins I use are Photoshop, Topaz programs and DXO. All of those are up to date but I will take a look. Thanks for your thoughts.
Best
Verne

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jao,

So, it turns out that there were a few plug-ins that I never intentionally loaded.  Flicker (I never have used it) and Nikon terthering (I am a wildlife shooter and the likelihood of tethering to the computer is 0).  I disabled both but that did not seem to help much, if any.  Thank you for the idea, though, as I never even thought to look there.

Best,

Verne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both of those are standard in the installation of Lightroom so no surprise. They should work fine but if you doNmt use ''em no problem not having them active. I remember one offending plug-in leading to massive memory use was mylio or something sounding like that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Verne Wandell
7:29 AM (1 hour ago)
to Adobe
Thanks
I’ll take a look today and let you know. The thing is, it was performing
perfectly after the big update in early October. Then they posted one to
supposedly fix a Mac problem and everything fell off a cliff except loading
images. Simple changes in exposure settings take 15 seconds or so to show
on the screen. Graphic driver updated last in September and was working
well but I have had an issue once before. Never like this though.
Best
Verne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try optimize catalog, this should be a catalog issue.

Is there any photos in your catalog on NAS?

Following are my investigation

All my photos are on NAS,several catalogs, some catalogs with more than 70k photos in it.

Optimize catalog works with few catalogs, and failed with the others.

With the failed catalog, navigate between photos, observe the metadata panel, the file info changed accordingly very slow. For example, select image 1 and  switch to image2, but the file info displayed on matadata panel is still image1, it will take more than 5s to show file info of image2.

And I do more invetgation with it.

In the failed catalog, update the location of the root folder to local driver (any folder, make all photos missing, offline)

Then you will find that the navigate between photos will be normal (Observe the metadata panel, the file info changed accordingly very fast.)

Then select one subfolder, update the locaiton to the real location on the NAS. Try photo navigation in this subfolder. If it is normal, updata the location of the other subfolder.

After updating 3 or 4 subfolder location, if all is normal, do optimize catalog once. Then update the location of the root folder to NAS. Then it is very likely to be normal. 

But I still get one catalog failed, I still do investigation on it.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks. No NAS. Program on C: storage and b/u are two 8Tb hard drives connected usb-c. Again all was working well until a recent update through cc that was supposed to be a bug fix and a correction for some Mac issue (of course, my system is Win). My system was working well after the big October update
I will optimize the catalog though and see if that yields anything. The catalog format changed with the October update.
Thanks
Verne

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NAS maybe not the root cause.

But still, you can try to make all the photos offline (update the location). After that, the photos navigation will be normal.

Then get back the subfolder one by one. Check online photos navigation. 

Then optimize catalog.

Then get back all photos.

Based on my experience, with the issue catalog, the optmizing will take a very long time or never end. So make all photos offline will make the optimizing go quickly and can be end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ok, I see.
Thanks. I will give it a try after I complete the current project.
Best
Verne

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines