• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

16GB M1 MBP too slow for masking brush edits

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do a lot of masking brush edits on LRC. My 2013 32GB 27" iMac handles those really well and covers every pixel in one stroke. I recently purchased the 2021 MacBook Pro (Apple M1 Pro with 10-core CPU, 14-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine, 16GB unified memory, 512GB SSD storage) to work away from home. However it seems incapable of covering every pixel and I'm having to spend tons of time zooming in and using smaller size brushes to fix the missed pixels.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue? Should I swap and upgrade to 32GB unified memory? or 16/24/32GB GPU?

J

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

There is nothing wrong with your computer. It has plenty of power for this job. My educated guess: you have 'Auto Masking' turned on and are brushing over an uneven area. That means that for each brush stroke the brush will only cover pixels of a certain color and brightness, and so you will have to brush a lot to cover them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing wrong with your computer. It has plenty of power for this job. My educated guess: you have 'Auto Masking' turned on and are brushing over an uneven area. That means that for each brush stroke the brush will only cover pixels of a certain color and brightness, and so you will have to brush a lot to cover them all.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Johan,

Your analysis is spot-on. The brush works perfectly now. Thank you so much for saving me a massive headache. I wasn't familiar with the Auto Mask box. 

Thanks again,

Jerome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines