• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 problems regarding printing

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with LR 10.3 and an Epson printer SC-P600. It worked wonderful but since a longer period there are two serious problems:

1) I used to print from LR and the preview looks fine but the colors on the print do not match in any way the preview. When I let the printer manage the printing the result is OK.

2) The margins as seen in the lay out panel and on the print are complete different and that goes also with the dimensions of the photo cell.

So it looks like there is a mess in the software of LR and/or the Epson printer. I found out that Epson uses "winprint" as a driver and I am not able to switch that into tee official Epson driver however it is installed on the PC.

I do hope that somebody can give a clue to solve this very frustrating problem!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The previews in the Print module are wrong (part of this is a current bug, part is, there is no soft proofing). 

Ignore the previews there. Plus the only module you can see a soft proof and an accurate preview is Develop; ideally at 1:1 zoom. 

You may need to see if the issue is also the printing itself.  You should always test output using good color reference images designed for that task. The color reference images RGB values are such they are set for output and are editing and display agnostic. Test the output this way and examine for the same color issues so we know it's not your image specific issues causing the problems:

http://www.digitaldog.net/files/2014PrinterTestFileFlat.tif.zip

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines