• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2022 File Menu Not Showing Image Folders

Advocate ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every new year, I point Lightroom to the new hard drive named with a number, this year will be drive partition named 05 and inside is a folder named for the year, and inside are the folders for shooting dates and brief description of the shoot. This has worked great for the past 10+ years and I have access to all of my shoots from within Lightroom EXCEPT FOR THIS YEAR.... and as you can see by the three images posted: 1.) is from last year, 2001, which shows normally how each year looks in the file menu from within Lightroom, 2.) shows what happened this year, it has the correct drive but the folder for the year and the contents of shoots by date and description do not show at all, it's a mystery that is going to turn into an unidentifiable mess if I don't get this straightened out right away for this year 2002. The third image shows what shows if I enable the down arrow to show the folder contents, still an unidentifiable mess. From withing lightroom, when I import a new day's shoot, everything looks normal and the images go to the right place on disk in the folders I prepare in advance for each days shoot to recieve the import from the camera card, but what shows in Lightroom now is the unidentifiable mess. Can I re-point Lightroom to the drive and year folder again and possible have it 'take' correctly this time? I'm afraid to mess with it now...
This is correct and is how the menu should look. Drive 04 and folder for year 2021 with contents: Folders of shoots by date and brief description..This is correct and is how the menu should look. Drive 04 and folder for year 2021 with contents: Folders of shoots by date and brief description..This is wrong. The drive is correct 05, but the contents keep showing folder 2022 over and over again with each import with 'modified' folders outside of where they physically are located within each days shoot.This is wrong. The drive is correct 05, but the contents keep showing folder 2022 over and over again with each import with 'modified' folders outside of where they physically are located within each days shoot.More this is wrong: down arrow on the date shows a folder, does not show the folder name it has been give as the date of the shoot.More this is wrong: down arrow on the date shows a folder, does not show the folder name it has been give as the date of the shoot.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

To save unneeded help at this point, I found out that I could 'remove' everything in that hard drive from Lightroom, then I tried again by adding... I added the folder for the year to the drive and selected 'Folder and Path' and 'Add sub-folders' where those had not been selected before for some reason, maybe by upgrading Lightroom that setting had re-set itself. Anyway Lightroom is slurping up the files now and they are showing properly. Thanks for this community being here as sometimes it even

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I am asking if there is a way to remove the drive 05 from Lightroom, I don't see any way to do that now. Maybe I could 're-point' lightroom to the 'year' folder inside of drive 05 and it would all show up correctly... I really don't know, this was always so simple in the past and every year came on board without a hitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To save unneeded help at this point, I found out that I could 'remove' everything in that hard drive from Lightroom, then I tried again by adding... I added the folder for the year to the drive and selected 'Folder and Path' and 'Add sub-folders' where those had not been selected before for some reason, maybe by upgrading Lightroom that setting had re-set itself. Anyway Lightroom is slurping up the files now and they are showing properly. Thanks for this community being here as sometimes it even helps us help ourselves... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines