• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

24 hours of syncing, all up to date, but hardly any photos.

Contributor ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 44,000 images in the cloud. Around 800GB. Lightroom on ipad and phone see's them all.

I want to get all the files on to an external SSD from my Mac.

I installed LRC yesterday (so up to date), and it started syncing. I had no i errors and it says completed. 

So where are they? The target SSD only increased by 180GB (should have been 800GB+). LRC created loads of folders, but most have only one system file in them.  No other drives have increased thier usuage. 

Most of the images are just grey boxes in LRC, and none of the collections or folders that were created have anything in them. 

Whats goig on, and how on earth can i get MY images from Adobe now?

Im runnig a MacBook Pro M1, latest Ventura and all Adobe stuff is up to date as of today.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Menu:  Preferences -> Lightroom Sync, on the bottom, "Location". Check that and designate a folder on your computer where you want them to be put. From there, you can move the files to what ever folder structure you like.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not sure what you are saying.

Check what? Ive said LRC has created folders and put some of the files on the target SSD. What else can i check? LRC knows where to put them, it just hasn't downloaded them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No clue here. I have a designated sync folder on my computer and never miss a single image. However, I have a much smaller quantity to sync down.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought, have you left Lightroom and Lightroom Classic as well as the computer running the whole time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it was one the whole time. It was syncing too fast for it to be downloading anything, but says its finished and all up to date. 

Ive deleted LRC as its pointless  spending any more days on that. Lightroom Downloader is doing what its suposed to and getting the files. I can see the space on the SSD filling up. This will take a few days but at least ill have the files. 

Shame as I wanted to use LRC again after all these years of just being cloud based. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once downloader finishes, You can use LrC to import those files if you want to see and work on them there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines