Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3rd Party Profile does not transfer from Lightroom to Photoshop

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been having issues for a while where the 3rd party profiles does not transfer with the file when I go from Lightroom to Photoshop  through the "edit in PS 2021". The lightroom profiles ones are fine. 

I have not had any issues doing the same process going from LR to One1 photo Raw or any other external editors. 

I think something goes wrong in the handshake between LR and PS.

I have also tested by creating another catalog (thinking my catalog was corrupted) but still had the issue.

Note: this only started with PS 2021, 2020 was working fine.

Appreciate if others can advise if they are having the same issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Adobe has acknowledged the bug:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-editing-raw-file-in-ps-from-lr-loses-profile/5f9043b035f40c2520b9e964 

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure r

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has acknowledged the bug:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-editing-raw-file-in... 

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still pops up from time to time in the Photoshop forum too. It would make life easier for everyone if they just fixed this.

Not using any custom profiles I can't test anything myself - but I read somewhere that DNGs are not affected by this, only the proprietary raws? That could be a workable way around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One workaround may be to have Lightroom Classic 'render' the image and apply the parametric adjustments itself (referring to this profile as it does so) - rather than leaving all that for ACR to carry out.

This can be done e.g. by saving, and then using, a named external editing preset. External presets make things happen this same way regardless what the second application is: Photoshop, or something else. No involvement of ACR at all.

Side benefit: such external editing presets give you an easy way to vary the bit-depth / colourspace used in PS.

Downside: this method does not allow multiple images to pass into PS together: no Edit as Layers / as HDR / as Pano. Also no Smart Object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a relatively easy work around, also described in the link that was posted by John.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I read somewhere that DNGs are not affected by this, only the proprietary raws?"

Just tested LR 10.2 / PS 22.3.0 / Mac OS 10.15.7, and the bug occurs with DNGs too, and the workaround also applies.

One thing to beware of with the bug: Once the profile's LUT has been successfully loaded into PS / ACR by directly editing the photo from PS, subsequent edits from LR will work correctly without the workaround (because the LUT has been cached in ACR).  So when testing edits from LR, be sure to do Preferences > Performance > Camera Raw Cache Settings > Purge Cache.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines