• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

5.7 catalog new compter m1 chip

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lightroom 5.7 catalog on a externel hard drive but no computer. I will buy a apple m1 chip I want to access this catalog how do i do this? would like a desktop version as my internet is bad 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, a new Mac would run Mac OS 12 (Monterey) with no option to go back. So you couldn't run Lightroom 5.7. You'd need a current subscription to "Lightroom Classic", the version today is 11.3.1. You cannot go back before version 10, perhaps not even that far on Monterey. Whether it can use that external catalog would be a question for the Lightroom Forum. You will need internet to download the software, which may be painful to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only way for you to access that catalog would be for you to subscribe to the photography plan and install Lightroom Classic. After you install LrC it will find that catalog and prompt you to upgrade it. The upgrade process will create a new copy that will be compatible with Lightroom Classic. All of your work will be in the old process version, and you will have to decide whether or not to update the process version or leave the old work in the old process version. Changing process versions could affect the appearance of some images. New imports will be imported at the current process version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines