Ability to import file structure into Lightroom

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

I use a specific file structure within lightroom for each client I shoot and am currently having to create each individual folder from within the lightroom panel.  I think it would be helpful to be able to select a file structure from 'Finder' ( An existing structure held in a file elsewhere) and import this directly to lightroom in a 'Parent/Child relationship' to an existing lightroom folder.  It would aid effeciency and keep consistancy across my catalogs.

What do you think?

Cheers

Elliott

elliott@tailoredimaging.com

TOPICS
Cross-app workflows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In import select ADD

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This already works. First, up your folder structure outside Lightroom Classic, out on the Finder desktop.

Then, when importing, like GoldingD said, use the Add option in the Import dialog box. The Add option simply catalogs the images and folders where they are, without moving, copying, or rearranging them. It’s how I was able to import many years of an existing folder structure the first time I used Lightroom Classic.

And actually, there is an extremely simple way to do this with almost no advance configuration. If you’ve already set up your standard folder structure outside Lightroom Classic, just drag the parent folder and drop it into Lightroom Classic. The Import dialog box comes up, and if Add isn’t already selected, select Add, and also make sure it’s set to import subfolders. If you do that, when you click the Import button, it will catalog the parent folder and its subfolders, as they are.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines