• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accessing a catalog that is open on another computer

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest version on Lightroom Classic, the catalog become corrutped if you attempt to open that catalog over a network, while that catalog is already opened. I keep backups so I'm good, but when I opened it it told me the catalog was corrupt and needs to be repaied. It creates a new catalog but everything from this year was gone. I would believe that a user should be prevented from opening the catalog if it's is already open and I would think that it should be easy enough since a .lock file is created. This could have been way worse than it was it I wasn't using TimeMachine for backups. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goes to show why you should never work directly over a network.

Yes, the .lock file will normally prevent opening another instance of a catalog that is already open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Adobe specifically singles out not using a catalog over a network, there is no behaviour that can be considered a bug under these circumstances. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/lightroom-classic/kb/catalog-faq-lightroom.html

network-catalog.jpg

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines