Accidentally moved instead of copied images on import--my entire hard drive

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook OS Monterey 12.2.1

I accidentally MOVED rather than COPIED on a recent import--and moved ALL images on my laptop into the Pictures folder! This means any icons within apps don't render, nothing is where it was before!

Is there a way to undo this move?! I mean, short of going to Time Machine and restoring a backup from three days ago (I only now figured out what I did). 

Banging my head against a wall for sheer stupidity!! Ugh! HELP!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, are you talking about Lightrom Classic? If so, what version NUMBER?

I'm really not understanding what happened here.

You did an import wrong. Then icons don't render (what icons are you talking about, please be specific). Are these icons in Lightroom Classic? Or in your operating system? Or somewhere else? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I agree that you need to give more detail as per @dj_paige's post, no, you can't undo the move. 

That said for Lightroom to move everything, you'd need to be importing everything, but you called it a recent import, implying one of many, so that doesn't sound right. More detail would help. 

Sean McCormack. Author. Magazine Writer. Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Lightroom Classic, 11.2 release
  • IMPORT FREQUENCY: I have not used Lightroom Classic in over a year. So, I thought, "Hey, now would be a great time to import all those images I haven't imported in forever, but where are all of my images?" Brilliantly decided if I just selected my hard drive and then hit "Import," I'd catch everything. Which indeed, I did.
  • "Icons not rendering" was just my attempt to illustrate that everything (!) had moved: system icons, application icons (see image for example of extenstions from my browser), and so on.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My web browser will not display your screen capture. Please include your screen capture in your reply by clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Honestly, as painful as it sounds, the Time Machine restore sounds like the least painful option here. Make sure that any recent work is backed up to an external before beginning. 

Sean McCormack. Author. Magazine Writer. Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines