Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Accidentally Uninstalled Lightroom

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The catalog, previews presets, templates, etc were removed when I uninstalled lightroom. 

There was a bug that didn't allow me to open Lightroom, one solution I found was to uninstall and reinstall lightroom, which I did, but I lost my folders, and photo previews, presets, etc. How can I retrieve them?

I know where my backups are, but I could not figure out how to upload the backup file. There is no "Open Catalog" under my "File" tab. 

I spent many many hours editing and making folders, I would love to have them back if anyone knows how to do it, please & thank you thank youu!! (ps. im on a mac)

warmly,

T

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Download and install, How to, Mac, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"There is no "Open Catalog" under my "File" tab."

Sounds like you may have installed "Lightroom" (the cloud-focused version) rather than "Lightroom Classic" (the folder-focused version). (Thank overpaid Adobe marketers for the perspicuous naming.)  Do the menu command Help > System Info to verifty -- the first line should say "Lightroom Classic".   If it says just "Lightroom", go back to the Adobe Creative Cloud app and install Lightroom Classic.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines