• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR/LR: people detection not working - unable to load AI Selection model

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new update has some amazing features but the new AI powered people detection will not work for me. ACR comes up with message unable to load AI selection model. All the other AI selections are working fine. I don't know if i've missed a preference or someting but its not working in LR either.  How do I get it working?? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lrc, click on Help, then System Information, Select Copy. Bring up your copy of notepad (or other text editor) and look at it, Select and copy the section about your display/GPU. please past that bit in a reply

example:

Displays: 1) 2560x1440
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: Yes, External touch: No, External pen: Yes, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti (31.0.15.1748)
Init State: GPU for Export supported by default
User Preference: Auto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Displays: 1) 2560x1440

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: Yes, External touch: No, External pen: Yes, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 (30.0.14.7348)

Init State: GPU for Display supported by default

User Preference: Auto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/followup on below/

I suspect updating the GPU driver will not help

So v473.48 for the driver, at NVIDIA v473.81 is indicated, released 2022.8.2

One oddity, v473.48 dies not show up under older drivers at NVIDIA, v473.47 does, released 2022.5.16 (might be an oversite)

You could try updating your GPU driver (select custom for install type as to force a clean install)

Based on the small version difference (both v473, just minor change .48 vs .81) probably not much of a change. Based on date, assuming 2022.5.16 vs 2022.8.2 probably not much unless that older one was a major FUBAR.

• note, v473.81 appears to be a security fix update.
  • note, nasty, in the NVIDIA site, they state that only security updates will be provided, not performance updates for that old of a GPU, as of October 2021.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/191970/en-us/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely Camera Raw when opened through bridge works perfect the people detect is flawless and fast. So doubt its a GPU or hardware issue..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic and Bridge / Adobe Camera Raw are individual applications and function differently from each other.

Lightroom works as parametric editor i.e. no edits are actually applied to the original file all info is automatically saved and stored in the Catalog file. While you are working in it is reading and writing to the Catalog.

Bridge / Camera Raw on the other hand is a file browser a info and edits are stored with the file, with RAW images the info is stored in xmp sidecar file and for tiff, dng, jpeg and other supported files in the file header. Bridge / Camera Raw cannot read or write from the LrC Catalog file.

Lightroom has an option to Automatically write metatadata to xmp and a menu option to manually save metadata to the file, which allows the Lightroom edits to be shared with other Adobe applications including Bridge / ACR and Photoshop.

This forum is the Lightroom Classic forum, there are individual forums for Bridge and Camera Raw where you can post issues for those apps.

So they an alternative applications, different file management features but the same editing features, make a choice no need to use both.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I understand this. The problem is with Lightroom Classic. That is why I have asked the question on this discussion Forum. I am giving as much imformaton as I can as in my experience problems in the background can be interlinked. Thanks for you expert advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, noting that the mask works when using ACR probably shows that the problem is not in ACR. And as such, probably not in the code within LrC that comes from ACR. 

Now as for the problem not being the GPU, not so clear cut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines