• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Active subscription, still “Ligthroom will open with reduced functionality”….

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve had a monthly subscription including Lightroom for close to 5 years now and mid-December received a mail confirming that my monthly payment had been received and that my annual subscription would soon be renewed. (Photography plan, 20GB).

A few days later Lightroom stopped working and I got the message: “Lightroom will open with reduced functionality. Please go to Help… “Manage My Account” to purchase a membership to continue using Lightroom." I cannot press “Manage My Account” (it’s not active, light grey) and nothing happens when I press Sign-In or Updates under the Help menu in Lightroom.

When I sign-in via Adobe, I’m recognized as a customer with a number of products at my disposal, but I’m really only interested in getting Lightroom to work. After spending hours going around in circle on the support web-sites, I tried to call customer service a few times. They spend some time checking that I actually have a subscription – fair enough – but when they try to transfer me to Lightroom’s technical support I get cut-off every time.

I’ve also tried to update Lightroom, but get the message that “Updates aren’t loading on the web right now…open the desktop app and go to Updates there”, which I do…, sign in (again), press the button “CONTINUE”…. And nothing happens. I just have that “sign-in window” with a tick-off mark beside my mail address.

I've been working on the same laptop (Mac) for a few years now and only use Lightroom on this computer. I did upgrade to Big Sur, but that is already several months ago. Therefore, I do not understand what caused this to happen and what needs to be done to fix it. Can anybody help?

Marianne

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your copy of the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App; are you signed in? Signing out would deactivate the programs.

Also, sometimes, when connectivity issues are occurring, such as monthly authentication failing, signing out then signing in might fix. That is signing out in Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to Help… “Manage My Account” to purchase a membership to continue using Lightroom." I cannot press “Manage My Account” (it’s not active, light grey) a

By that, do you mean you brought up Adobe.com and tried to sign in, then manage your account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the replies. On the CC Desktop App, yes I have tried to sign-out and then sign in again.

On the “Manage My Account”…this is part of the message that comes up when I try to log-in to  Lightroom, the “reduced functionality” message. It suggest that I click “Manage by account” - which is an option under Lightroom’s Help-menu - but this option is not enabled (it is light-grey, not clickable).

I can open and sign-in to adobe (creativecloud.adobe.com), I can administer my account, or change my plan if I want to - but I cannot “upgrade” or “install” any apps (I tried re-installing also). I get the message: “Do you want to allow this page to open “Creative Cloud Desktop App?” I click ALLOW, then get a new sign-in window, enter my mail address which get a tick-off mark (is accepted), press CONTINUE and nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved. I needed first to reinstall Creative Cloud. Having done that, the CC window told me that Lightroom classic was updated, but clearly it was not as I still got the “reduced functionality message” when I tried to open Lightroom. But having reinstalled Creative Cloud I was now able to install Lightroom Classic in its newest version, and now everything seems to be working 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines