• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

add or edit exif (by eg exif pilot) kills synchronisation option in LR

Contributor ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have actually scanned many pictures from film and slides and want to add EXIF data, like camera brand and type applied. Adobe merely blocks the edit of exif data, and does not show parameters like camera info in the exif data when these are absent. In LR a reference is made to exif pilot C++ and other ways to change or add exif data. 

I did add camera type and brand in one of my pictures (PSD format) and tried to synchronise that picture with a similar scan. This causes LR to crash, probably because the exif edit is blocked.

I thin it strange that missing EXIF data cannot be added in Adobe applications. OK changing EXIF should be secured, but absent exif data should at least be possible to add somewhere. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The LensTagger Exiftool Lightroom Plugin will let you do this.

It's for Lightroom Classic only.

LR-Lenstagger-film.png

LR-Lenstagger-lensoptions.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Per, But I am afraid I have the same problem with LensTagger LR Plugin as I have with Exif Pilot. Edit the Exif of the picture works well but when I want to synchronise the picture with the adapted exif with other pictures in Lightroom, LR crashes too.

LR does not seem to be able to synchronise the output of at least both LensTagger LR Plugin and Exif Pilot. 

I have version:

louisd79464044_0-1640443264289.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never used the Sync metadata feature, so I can't comment on that.

But LensTagger lets you apply the same metadata to any number of images selected in Library.

BTW, you have posted in Using the community, which is a forum for questions about the forums themselves.

Hopefully, a moderator will see this, and move this thread to the Lightroom Classic forum, where you're likely to get more answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the LR forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bob,

We are now in the Lightroom cloud forum.

Please move to Lightroom Classic. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines