• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a Name Plate in LrC 11.1: the colors fade at print

Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was printing Xmas cards and decided to add a nameplate to specify the year of my pictures. I printed a few picture without the Nameplate and the colors were as vivid as they should be. But with the Nameplate, I noticed that they lost saturation.

I removed the Nameplate and everything is back to normal.

Absolutely no chnages in the picture and other printing parameters. It shows more in the greens, but you can see it in the purples as well. No mods to the picture below. As you can ssee my LrC is in French.  MacOS 12.1 Monterey on iMac M1 16 Gb memoryCapture d’écran, le 2021-12-26 à 18.34.16.png

image.jpeg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Printer are you using?

Can you provide the driver version? 

If you don't rotate the Identity Plate 180 degrees does it still print washed out?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point!

I'm using an Epson SureColor P800. Using Wi-Fi. The printer driver itself is 10.85 (from the installation package).

I just did a print test without turning the plate 180° and it is printing correctly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The obvious workaround to try is to create a pre-rotated version of your Identity Plate in your pixel-based editor and repeat the process to see if you can generate the correct output required.  That, of course, is a workaround to get your work done for today and doesn't address the issue.  

When Adobe returns to the offices after the holiday break, I will attempt a print to see if I can duplicate your results. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had time to test now on paper and I cannot reproduce here with a PNG logo. 

The colors come out the same regardless of the rotation of the ID plate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmmh...in my case it wasn't a PNG logo, it was text. I'll try to do test with other papers or variables

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tested with a Font-based Watermark/Identity Plate now as well.  The output appears correct and identical in both. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like a printing issue.

Perhaps you can share you printer and print settings information.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Here is what I just answered Rikk Fohr:

I'm using an Epson SureColor P800. Using Wi-Fi. The printer driver itself is 10.85 (from the installation package).

I just did a print test without turning the plate 180° and it is printing correctly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines