• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding additional adjustment brushing to an area already done?

Engaged ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used an adjustment brush preset to remove some red from skin tone. It worked, though I missed some spots. I now want to go back and brush over some other areas though I am confused by how this works.

I select the brush tool and the specific brush to use, though when I try to paint over the area I want to add, it displays as the black arrow on the screen. From the Mask Panel I can Create a New Mask and choose Brush again, and paint this way, though now it shows the overlay as I paint and it did not do this before.  

1. What do I need to do to simply add to the area I brushed?

2. I am using a brush preset specifically to remove red from skintone. I would like to change the amount that is being removed from the skin tone slightly. Is there an easy way for me to figure out which settings are being used to make the red skin tone adjustment and change it?

Thanks for any help!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

I think I just answered your second question. You need to select a mask that you made with this preset and then look at the settings in the mask panel. To make the brush paint less intense, change the flow or the density of the brush. Density will simply paint less, flow gives you the option to 'build up' a brush with multiple strokes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1: You need to select the mask and then click the 'Add' button.

2: Select the mask and then look at the settings. Most likely it's the Hue.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Which option changes how intensely the brush applies the effect? In other words, is there a way to make the effect less intense as I am painting over it vs. more so?

2. Is there a way to find out what settings are being used to make the effect being used so I can make a change to it?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I just answered your second question. You need to select a mask that you made with this preset and then look at the settings in the mask panel. To make the brush paint less intense, change the flow or the density of the brush. Density will simply paint less, flow gives you the option to 'build up' a brush with multiple strokes.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines