• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding captions to EXPORTED photo

New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 7000 photos. Lots of family photos. I want to export my finals and ideally have the caption print, even at the bottom of the photos. Think about the old days where someone finds an old photo, turns it over and there is writing on it. I actually want the caption on the bottom of every photo. I ahve yet to find any software out there that does this. Any thoughts?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use LrC Print 'Print to File' to get an export of your images with metadata shown. Here's an example of print the caption.

DS256_0-1654034325441.png

Be aware that the information is overlayed on the bottom of your picture so you lose some pixels.

What I started to do instead was to create a Slide that contained the information about the picture. This I now put on the back of each print. Here's an example

DS256_1-1654034745732.png

I have not had to try and print 7000 labels 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would use the LR/Mogrify2 plug-in for that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that advice. I did try it and I get an error "LRMogrify2.lrplugin/LRMogrify.extras/mogrify: Bad CPU type in executable"

And it fails. I am not sure if it's the version, or the latest OS update. It sounds like it will do the trick though once I get it going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on an Apple Silicon (M1) Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what version of MacOS are you using? Before I posted I tested it on my own Mac system (running 12.3.1 on an M1 Mac Mini), and it (eventually) worked OK. I say "eventually" because initially the export failed with Mogrify reporting that it couldn't find the specified font. Nor could I when I looked, as the path specified in the plugin was User/Library/Fonts (which is the default path when using the "Choose" button for the font selection) but that folder is empty.....I eventually found the font in System/Library/Fonts/Supplemental, so when I changed the path accordingly the subsequent export worked correctly. Obviously things have been changed font-wise since the last time I used Mogrify (it seems the change started with Catalina).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Jim. I am running 12.3.1 on Intel. The fact that the error comes back with "Bad CPU type" tells me something else may be screwed up here. I will keep searching as I think this may be the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it! First I was using old version as I didn't see magick  in package contents which raised suspicion. A new download and it worked. Sorry for taking up your time but awesome tool. Exactly what I was looking for!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear it's working now, checking to ensure you had the latest version was going to be my next suggestion, glad you beat me to it!

Yes, it is a great tool, and should allow you to do exactly what you want in terms of text (and border) overlays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines