• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add Comments to Albums and Collections

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to add comments to an album or collection as a whole, rather than just to individual photos? The "Comments" area says "Comments not supported here."

I'm deciding whether to switch from iPhoto to LR 6. An important part of my photo organization schema is the comments I add to albums; for example, the weather at the time the photos were taken, or whether my identification of a species has been approved. I'm not sure if this is a dealbreaker or not, but it's pretty darn close if I can't figure out a work-around.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
11 Comments
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to add comments to an album or collection as a whole, rather than just to individual photos?

Unfortunately not. Many people have requested this over the years: Lightroom: Add text notes to photos, stacks, directories, collections | Photoshop Family Customer Co...

Some people have used an inconvenient workaround: Make an image containing the words Notes in large font on a white background and import it into LR.  Give it the filename ___Notes.jpg.  Import it into LR and set its capture time to 1/1/1800.  This way, the photo always sorts to the beginning of the collection both by filename and capture time. 

For each collection, make a virtual copy of the image and add it to the collection.  Then add your notes to the Caption field of that copy. (You can make a Library Filter preset that calls up the original photo instantly.)

The "Comments" area says "Comments not supported here."

The Comments panel shows comments that were added to photos published to online services like Flickr or LR Web/Mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your clear, full answer - *very* helpful. And thanks for the work-around tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, that's a shame. I belive you're not doing great addressing such simple use-cases. Going to cancel my subscription as soon as ti would be possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nick,

what exactly do you want to be able to do?

You are replying to a four year old thread about Lightroom 6. Lightroom is now at Version 11 and maybe what you want is possible now...

please tell us your version of Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, that's a shame. I belive you're not doing great addressing such simple use-cases. Going to cancel my subscription as soon as ti would be possible.

By @Nick22209245q0x1

Please tell us what software company doesn't prioritize user requests like this, and implements ALL of the things users suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cmon, you're not even trying. I have subscription which means I probably have an access to the latest version of Lightroom. The topic is self explained. Does the latest Lightroom has the function mentioned in the topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, they don't care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be 4 years plus old but just as relevant, since as I'm sure you are aware, Lightroom still does not support notes/captions for Albums/Collections. People should continue to comment publically as much as possible for issues that are important to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just gave up and completely switched to Capture One.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I wasn't aware Capture One supported captions/notes on Albums/Collections (vs just individual photos like Lightroom). While Lightroom for me is overwhelmingy a much better suited product than CaptureOne, great to hear it has the feature(s) you currently found most important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's always a way around a problem, it's not the case. After 15 years of using different Adobe products and facing the same corporate ignorance and inability to deal with small feature requests (like this one opened for 6 years) and bugs, I have no intention to invest any more time and money the company.

Votes

Translate

Translate