• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding metadata to existing files and including in LR proofsheet caption

Enthusiast ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large number of images with varying locations which need to be identified in the proofsheet caption along with the file name. 

What I want to do in a file with 300 images is to select all those from location A and insert the location A name in the metadata; Select all from location B and insert the location B name in the metadata and so on for all the image locations for that file — and then include the location name and file name in the proof sheet caption for each image.

Can that be done easily, or should I output a separate proof sheet for each location?

I am well experienced in Photoshop and a neophyte in Lightroom Classic.

Thanks to those who know more than me,

Joe

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you not a regular user of the 'Caption' field in metadata, you could simply-

Place the Location info in the Caption Field,

In the Print multiple image 'Proof Sheet' apply both 'Filename'  and 'Caption' below each image.

2021-11-04 11_11_20-Text Template Editor.jpg2021-11-04 11_15_47-Roberts Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Print.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rob, thanks for your info. I am about half-way there. I make a selection and set up a custom caption and it applies it only to the first image that I have selected. See screen shot.

Thanks,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up top, the filter bar, select Text, use some bit if text appropriate, text that you have already placed in photos, perhaps a keyword containing the location. Select all the filtered photos, type in the Captain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines