• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Presets to Lightroom and having them retain their original folders

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the genius developers at Adobe have created some awesome software but how come they can't come up with a way to import an organized folder of presets and have it retain the actual folder instead of adding them as separate presets? 

Yes I know that once imported, I can create folder for them and manually move them one by one into the organized folder but this is a huge waste of time. This needs to be added to their "to do" list of improvements.

If anyone knows of a solution, please let me know. It doesn't seem that it should be that difficult for a team of experts at Adobe. I am not in any way trying to bash the developers! If other programs (ON1) allow you to import full folders of presets and retain the folder I don't understand why Adobe can't do it. Considering all the great things they have done, they have failed on the whole presets organization part.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presets are not visible IN folders: so "retain the folder" does not really apply IMO.

Rather, each preset has within its structured syntax, a Group it is stated as belonging to.

This is a matter of intentional design by the supplier of the preset, and allows meaningful groupings and associations to be embedded inside the individual presets themselves. Without requiring any particular hierarchies of physical folders to exist.

Not as the source for importing presets, not as the result from doing so. 

Each time LrC starts up it scans for whatever presets it can find irrespective of subfolders. All the Groups encountered within these presets' internal metadata, duly appear - presented as an organising structure, but one which is purely virtual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Presets were shown as they were in folders on disk up to Lightroom Classic 7.1. Lightroom Classic 7.2 changed this. John R. Ellis created a plugin that restores the old behavior. https://johnrellis.com/lightroom/fixpresets.htm

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines